Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever

AceoHearts

I just bought this movie and was surprised that it listed everything about
the movie on the box, except the aspect ratio. It has 13 different Logos on
it (Kodak, DD, CC,CP,DVD etc) but didn't list the ratio. A clerk said they
figured that it was full screen or both FS/WS since it didn't specify and
there was only one version released. I got home, plugged it into DVD
profiler and it is listed as Anamorphic Widescreen. Lions Gate needs better
labeling on thier DVD's.

AceoHearts

Richard C.

"AceoHearts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JNYPb.66636$(E-Mail Removed)...
: I just bought this movie and was surprised that it listed everything about
: the movie on the box, except the aspect ratio. It has 13 different Logos on
: it (Kodak, DD, CC,CP,DVD etc) but didn't list the ratio. A clerk said they
: figured that it was full screen or both FS/WS since it didn't specify and
: there was only one version released. I got home, plugged it into DVD
: profiler and it is listed as Anamorphic Widescreen. Lions Gate needs better
: labeling on thier DVD's.
:
==========================
Good to know.

I did not buy it because of the lack of info.
Did anyone buy it that can verify for sure?

HermanTurnip

I thought that the aspect ratio *must* be printed on the main cover
underneath the slip sleeve. No dice. If it wasn't widescreen I was just
going to boogie back to the store and complain. It's odd that they can take
the time to make a snazzy picture-changing motion slip cover thingy, but
fail to include important info such as aspect ratio. Where was quality
control when they printed up this baby?

I hope Lions Gate is taking notes and won't let this happen again.

Lions Gate: Stop with the slip-cover garbage and give us a simple chapter
stop instead.

-HermanTurnip
http://homepage.mac.com/hermanturnip/

"AceoHearts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JNYPb.66636$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just bought this movie and was surprised that it listed everything about
> the movie on the box, except the aspect ratio. It has 13 different Logos

on
> it (Kodak, DD, CC,CP,DVD etc) but didn't list the ratio. A clerk said

they
> figured that it was full screen or both FS/WS since it didn't specify and
> there was only one version released. I got home, plugged it into DVD
> profiler and it is listed as Anamorphic Widescreen. Lions Gate needs

better
> labeling on thier DVD's.
>
> AceoHearts

Zimmy

My copy from Netflix was 2:35.
Yet another hack director who thinks they are David Lean.

"AceoHearts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JNYPb.66636$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just bought this movie and was surprised that it listed everything about
> the movie on the box, except the aspect ratio. It has 13 different Logos

on
> it (Kodak, DD, CC,CP,DVD etc) but didn't list the ratio. A clerk said

they
> figured that it was full screen or both FS/WS since it didn't specify and
> there was only one version released. I got home, plugged it into DVD
> profiler and it is listed as Anamorphic Widescreen. Lions Gate needs

better
> labeling on thier DVD's.
>
> AceoHearts

Michael Walker

They all should print in big letters WIDESCREEN or FOOLSCREEN (oops...PAN
AND SCAM...darn it...PAN AND SCAN) at the top them.

Scott Higdon

In <JNYPb.66636$(E-Mail Removed)> AceoHearts wrote:
> I just bought this movie and was surprised that it listed everything
> about the movie on the box, except the aspect ratio. It has 13
> different Logos on it (Kodak, DD, CC,CP,DVD etc) but didn't list the
> ratio. A clerk said they figured that it was full screen or both FS/
> WS since it didn't specify and there was only one version released. I
> got home, plugged it into DVD profiler and it is listed as Anamorphic
> Widescreen. Lions Gate needs better labeling on thier DVD's.
>
> AceoHearts

They should have printed the fact that the movie sucks on there
somewhere.

Mark Gold

Scott Higdon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>They should have printed the fact that the movie sucks on there
>somewhere.

I thought you were all talking about Cabin Boy; is cabin fever
any good?

Paul C.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Mark Gold) wrote in news:bv1aqv$2hq$7
@blue.rahul.net:

> Scott Higdon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>They should have printed the fact that the movie sucks on there
>>somewhere.

> I thought you were all talking about Cabin Boy; is cabin fever
> any good?

If you like laughing at something that's not supposed to be funny,
yes. The Rotten Fruit extras were amusing. Definitely NOT worth
purchasing, a rental at best & very forgettable.

Mike McGee

In article <bv1aqv$2hq$(E-Mail Removed)>, Mark Gold
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I thought you were all talking about Cabin Boy; is cabin fever
> any good?

Uhhh....no.

Here's a review of the DVD:
http://www.thedigitalreview.com/foru...=&threadid=592

--
Mike McGee
http://www.thedigitalreview.com

Michael Walker

You'll have to see it for yourself to find out if it was any good. I thought
it was a good horror flick compared to others I've rented lately that I
thought were stinkers. But it's not high on my priority list to buy at the
moment.