Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Any way to transfer my Firefox settings to another computer?

Any way to transfer my Firefox settings to another computer?

Teh Suck

I plan on updating all my nieces and nephews PC's with Firefox 1.5. (They
used mine over the holiday and really liked it).

Is there a way I can export (or save as a modified .exe file?) my settings
so I can simply add it to their computers?

Or do I have install Firefox, all the extensions (and alter their options),
as well as the themes, as well as the about:config tweaks on every PC?

Thanks.

Leonidas Jones

Teh Suck wrote:
> I plan on updating all my nieces and nephews PC's with Firefox 1.5. (They
> used mine over the holiday and really liked it).
>
> Is there a way I can export (or save as a modified .exe file?) my settings
> so I can simply add it to their computers?
>
> Or do I have install Firefox, all the extensions (and alter their options),
> as well as the themes, as well as the about:config tweaks on every PC?
>
> Thanks.

Best bet is to install FF on their computers, and install any desired
extension. Transferring extensions is an iffy business at best. Other
profile data can be transferred:

http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingree...es.html#moving

http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#transferring

Lee

uerbe

W porze nader osobliwej, bo 2005-12-28 06:40 zjawił(a) się u mnie Teh
Suck, z miejsca zarzucając mnie takimi oto pretensjami:

> Is there a way I can export (or save as a modified .exe file?) my settings
> so I can simply add it to their computers?

Use MozBackup and simply pack the whole profile into one file. Having
installed Firefox anywhere elese you can overwrite the 'fresh' profile
with the one you've packed.

Regards,
--
w piątki: http://masakrytyczna.up.pl gg://4515266