Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > My God I am sick & f$%$%ing tired of Columbia House

My God I am sick & f$%$%ing tired of Columbia House

Shinner

What a complete bunch of morons...

- Ordered Idle Hands, got a FS version instead of the WS/FS combo
- Contacted them, they said sorry we'll send out the right one
- Next one comes, exactly the same as the 1st...FS only
- Contact them, they tell me I don't know what I've received and the disc
contains both versions
- Send them an email with pics of the disc itself and back cover
- Return BOTH discs in the SAME package for refund
- Check my bank account, credit for only 1
- Contact them, tell them they owe me credit for the 2nd one they shipped
- Get an email this morning, "Although we have not yet received the return
of the selection noted below, your account is being credited."
- Sent em an email back letting them know both discs were in the SAME
package, so if they received one, they must have received the other.

What is it with CH customer disservice? First, I was wrong, I didn't know
what DVD they sent me, their computer listed the disc as FS/WS. Now, even
though they've "not received" the 2nd disc, they still credited me.
Columbia House is NEVER at fault apparently and are only refunding me out
of the goodness of their heart.

Taking advantage of their codes just doesn't seem worth this bullshit.

Moviezzz

>- Ordered Idle Hands, got a FS version instead of the WS/FS combo

Columbia just rereleased it as a FS only title. They probably just ran out of
the flipper versions (which can still be found in stores) and sent you the
newer FS version without updating the computer listing.

Shinner

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ospam (Moviezzz) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Columbia just rereleased it as a FS only title. They probably just
> ran out of the flipper versions (which can still be found in stores)
> and sent you the newer FS version without updating the computer
> listing.

Yeah, someone here told me that, which I relayed to the CS morons at
CH...yet they still insisted I was wrong which was what really ****ed me
off.

TCS

On 20 Jan 2004 09:18:30 -0600, Shinner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>What a complete bunch of morons...

>- Ordered Idle Hands, got a FS version instead of the WS/FS combo
>- Contacted them, they said sorry we'll send out the right one
>- Next one comes, exactly the same as the 1st...FS only
>- Contact them, they tell me I don't know what I've received and the disc

It's relatively easy to get CH to break their contract with you
so you don't have to buy N cds at 20,000% profit for CH and another
10,000% profit in shipping overcharges.

Stop filling out those cards when you don't want a CD shipped automatically.
As the unwanted CDs arrive, return each and every one postage due. Just
write "RETURN TO SENDER" on each one and drop them back in the mail. After
about 9 months of this, CH will send a letter breaking the contract.

Richard C.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:
: >- Ordered Idle Hands, got a FS version instead of the WS/FS combo
: >- Contacted them, they said sorry we'll send out the right one
: >- Next one comes, exactly the same as the 1st...FS only
: >- Contact them, they tell me I don't know what I've received and the disc
: ...
:
:
: It's relatively easy to get CH to break their contract with you
: so you don't have to buy N cds at 20,000% profit for CH and another
: 10,000% profit in shipping overcharges.
:
: Stop filling out those cards when you don't want a CD shipped automatically.
: As the unwanted CDs arrive, return each and every one postage due. Just
: write "RETURN TO SENDER" on each one and drop them back in the mail. After
: about 9 months of this, CH will send a letter breaking the contract.

================
And the letter will contain a bill for the ones you did not buy...............

Robert Kent

"Richard C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:400d48ec$0$82907$(E-Mail Removed) m...

> "TCS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> : On 20 Jan 2004 09:18:30 -0600, Shinner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> : >What a complete bunch of morons...
> :
> : >- Ordered Idle Hands, got a FS version instead of the WS/FS combo
> : >- Contacted them, they said sorry we'll send out the right one
> : >- Next one comes, exactly the same as the 1st...FS only
> : >- Contact them, they tell me I don't know what I've received and the

disc
> : ...
> :
> :
> : It's relatively easy to get CH to break their contract with you
> : so you don't have to buy N cds at 20,000% profit for CH and another
> : 10,000% profit in shipping overcharges.
> :
> : Stop filling out those cards when you don't want a CD shipped

automatically.
> : As the unwanted CDs arrive, return each and every one postage due. Just
> : write "RETURN TO SENDER" on each one and drop them back in the mail.

After
> : about 9 months of this, CH will send a letter breaking the contract.
>
> ================
> And the letter will contain a bill for the ones you did not

buy...............

Sign up with a slight misspelling of your name. Is your name. If your last
name is cunningham, try conningham. The post office will still deliver the
mail, but it won't get reported to your credit file.

DarkMatter

On 20 Jan 2004 11:37:04 -0600, Shinner <(E-Mail Removed)> Gave
us:

>(E-Mail Removed) (Moviezzz) wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> Columbia just rereleased it as a FS only title. They probably just
>> ran out of the flipper versions (which can still be found in stores)
>> and sent you the newer FS version without updating the computer
>> listing.

>Yeah, someone here told me that, which I relayed to the CS morons at
>CH...yet they still insisted I was wrong which was what really ****ed me
>off.

They are Bat's Turds! So are the ****ed up Indiana laws that allow
them to practice their "business" in such manners as well.

DarkMatter

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:52:12 GMT, "Robert Kent"
<(E-Mail Removed)> Gave us:

>"Richard C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:400d48ec$0$82907$(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>
>> "TCS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> : On 20 Jan 2004 09:18:30 -0600, Shinner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> : >What a complete bunch of morons...
>> :
>> : >- Ordered Idle Hands, got a FS version instead of the WS/FS combo
>> : >- Contacted them, they said sorry we'll send out the right one
>> : >- Next one comes, exactly the same as the 1st...FS only
>> : >- Contact them, they tell me I don't know what I've received and the

>disc
>> : ...
>> :
>> :
>> : It's relatively easy to get CH to break their contract with you
>> : so you don't have to buy N cds at 20,000% profit for CH and another
>> : 10,000% profit in shipping overcharges.
>> :
>> : Stop filling out those cards when you don't want a CD shipped

>automatically.
>> : As the unwanted CDs arrive, return each and every one postage due. Just
>> : write "RETURN TO SENDER" on each one and drop them back in the mail.

>After
>> : about 9 months of this, CH will send a letter breaking the contract.
>>
>> ================
>> And the letter will contain a bill for the ones you did not

>buy...............
>>

>Sign up with a slight misspelling of your name. Is your name. If your last
>name is cunningham, try conningham. The post office will still deliver the
>mail, but it won't get reported to your credit file.

Now... dipshit, you have just stepped from misdemeanor offenses of
contract law to felony fraud, you ****ing retard.

If they wanted to push it, you would also get charged with federal
mail fraud offenses.

I just love how these mosh pit punk **** Tards think that they are
unaccountable for so many ****ing things. NOT!

You are scum, dipshit.

Regardless of any practices that CH has, they don't stoop down like
you do, boy.

Richard C.

"Robert Kent" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0ygPb.104185$(E-Mail Removed)...
: >
: Sign up with a slight misspelling of your name. Is your name. If your last
: name is cunningham, try conningham. The post office will still deliver the
: mail, but it won't get reported to your credit file.
:
What a wonderful life you must live.