Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Play247

Play247

Nick

Can anyone tell me the web address of the region 1 side of play247 as can't
seem to find it on the region 2 site anywhere

CW

http://www.playusa.com/

news:buj286$d83$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me the web address of the region 1 side of play247 as

can't
> seem to find it on the region 2 site anywhere

Lazlo Woodbine

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:08:54 +0000 (UTC), "Nick"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me the web address of the region 1 side of play247 as can't
>seem to find it on the region 2 site anywhere

It's www.playusa.com although how you couldn't find it is beyond me,
all you have to do is click Region 2 on the home page and it takes you
straight there.

Laz

Nick

Try going into www.play247.com which is the region 2 version and find the
link. Before you just use to goto the drop down and select region 1 dvd
which took you to the site. Thanks for the link still havn't got the Dvd I
want though

"Lazlo Woodbine" <morgandr@__spamaway__blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:08:54 +0000 (UTC), "Nick"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Can anyone tell me the web address of the region 1 side of play247 as

can't
> >seem to find it on the region 2 site anywhere
> >

> It's www.playusa.com although how you couldn't find it is beyond me,
> all you have to do is click Region 2 on the home page and it takes you
> straight there.
>
> Laz

Lithurge

Lazlo Woodbine <morgandr@__spamaway__blueyonder.co.uk> wrote
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:08:54 +0000 (UTC), "Nick"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Can anyone tell me the web address of the region 1 side of
>>play247 as can't seem to find it on the region 2 site
>>anywhere
>>

> It's www.playusa.com although how you couldn't find it is
> beyond me, all you have to do is click Region 2 on the home
> page and it takes you straight there.
>
> Laz

No they removed the cross linking a few weeks ago, you can't
even search for the other regions DVDs under the title search
anymore.

denis thomas

In article <Xns9476B2AE4DDE0ds34543dsffds@130.133.1.4>,

Just click on international button at play.com

Lithurge

denis thomas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) o.uk:

>> No they removed the cross linking a few weeks ago, you
>> can't even search for the other regions DVDs under the
>> title search anymore.
>>

> Just click on international button at play.com

What international button? I can's see one on there at all,
where exactly is it on the page?

denis thomas

In article <Xns9477B883CD56Cds34543dsffds@130.133.1.4>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> denis thomas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) o.uk:
>

> >> No they removed the cross linking a few weeks ago, you
> >> can't even search for the other regions DVDs under the
> >> title search anymore.
> >>

> > Just click on international button at play.com
> >

> What international button? I can's see one on there at all,
> where exactly is it on the page?

Sorry. It was in the top right hand corner. But it's gone now.
Was there at the weekend.

ZC TGS

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:02:13 -0000, denis thomas
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <Xns9477B883CD56Cds34543dsffds@130.133.1.4>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> denis thomas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) o.uk:

>> > Just click on international button at play.com
>> >

>> What international button? I can's see one on there at all,
>> where exactly is it on the page?
>>

>Sorry. It was in the top right hand corner. But it's gone now.
>Was there at the weekend.

I did speak to them about this and they said it was because the sites
were getting to big. They decided to simplify it by making them two
sites rather then one. The customer service agent did say that as far
as ordering goes there won't be any difference.

ZC TGS

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me the web address of the region 1 side of play247 as can't
>seem to find it on the region 2 site anywhere

You can get the Region 1 side of Play at

http://www.playusa.com

I beleive the fundemental reason of this change is because of this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...ic/3380307.stm