Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Rogers Video and DVD; Slim pickings

Rogers Video and DVD; Slim pickings

Richard

They seem to have embarked on a crusade to rid Rogers stores of DVDs
that aren't mainstream movies. I've noticed a drop in the number of
independent
and "smaller" films on DVDs and an increase in the blockbusters
stocked. In addition (oddly) they've got signs all over their stores
saying "specialty films
can be ordered, inquire." It seems like they've given up on the
rental side
of this and are attempting to sell these DVDs via special order only.
This is disconcerting because Blockbuster had already said they'd be
trimming
back on specialty and lesser films, foreign films, etc.
I've got a suggestion for both; Get rid of those useless VHS tapes no
one
(except the odd wrestling fan) is renting and replace them with DVDs
of scarcer
movies. They can't possibly be worse renters than the VHS tapes I've
seen.

-Rich