Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > comedies on DVD = road to Hell

comedies on DVD = road to Hell

Richard

At least as far as Blockbuster is concerned. Bruce Almighty, all
copies available for rent are P&S at two Blockbusters near me. This
is JUST like
it was with laserdisc. What is it with the viewers of comedies? Is
Jim Carey
funnier if his face is hugely distorted via P&S?
-Rich

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Richard) wrote:

> At least as far as Blockbuster is concerned. Bruce Almighty, all
> copies available for rent are P&S at two Blockbusters near me.

These are most likely franchise stores. Find a corporate store. They're
sent nothing but widescreen copies by Cocksucker's distribution center.

> This is JUST like
> it was with laserdisc. What is it with the viewers of comedies? Is
> Jim Carey
> funnier if his face is hugely distorted via P&S?

You're asking this about people who rent Jim Carrey movies? These are
ex-VHS renters who don't know an aspect ratio from a hole in the wall.
They're about one notch above the type of person who rents Charlies
Angel's: Full Throttle.

BTW, Bruce Almighty is 1.85:1, so it's more than likely open-matte
opposed to P&S. Though the movie does feature a lot of effects shots
that are surely pan & scanned.

--
BL