Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: DVD Player Hookup

Re: DVD Player Hookup

frumious bandersnatch

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:45:15 -0500, "frumious bandersnatch"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Ummm, go to Radioshack, or some other electroncs store, and buy a couple
>> of Y cable/splitter cables.

>That was my first thought but the sales guy at Best Buy stated that the use
>of those Y-cables would not work - something about not being able to
>separate the signals, blah, blah, blah ... hence the query in this
>newsgroup. Thanks for your input.

>Nonsense. It will work although there's a tiny possibility that the
>TV's low input impedance might be a problem. OTOH, it is likely that
>the extra pair of RCA jacks you are used to are simply connected to
>the other pair as would a Y-connector.

>Kal

I thought I would pass on the recommendations from Sony Sales Support but
the purchase of a new receiver to allow for the use of the DVD unit as a CD
player seems somewhat drastic:

>If your stereo system has audio output along with speaker out then you will
>be able to connect the audio out of the DVD player to the audio in of the
>stereo and then connect the audio out of the stereo to the audio in of your
>TV.
>
>You will be able to use the stereo and DVD player connected as a CD player
>unit by connecting the DVD player's audio out connections to the audio in
>port of stereo and connecting speakers to the stereo unit.
>
>You can visit the following URL to have a look at our current line of DVD
>players.
>
>http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...en/-/USD/SY_Br

owseCatalog-Start;sid=xGZfNUVfgzlfNQVVeSZVPgpT8BGtBfbFXwI=?Dep t=hav&Category
Name=hav_DVD_DVDPlayers

>If your stereo system does not have this feature than you will have to opt
>for our receiver. You can visit the following URL to have a look at our
>receivers.
>
>http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...en/-/USD/SY_Br

owseCatalog-Start;sid=xGZfNUVfgzlfNQVVeSZVPgpT8BGtBfbFXwI=?Dep t=hav&Category
Name=hav_HiFiComponents_Receivers_HiFiReceivers

Dvd hookup to webtv VIKE DVD Video 5 01-08-2007 04:12 AM
DVD players for TV hookup joevan Computer Support 11 05-15-2005 07:46 PM
DVD Cabling Hookup Quest. ? Robert11 DVD Video 2 05-27-2004 10:32 PM
DVD Player Hookup frumious bandersnatch DVD Video 9 01-23-2004 06:14 PM
CABLE HOOKUP help needed! TV + DVD + VCR + 8mm VCR . . . on Digital Home Theatre Curious Angel DVD Video 2 12-08-2003 05:39 AM

Advertisments