Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Hooray! Barney Miller is shipping

Hooray! Barney Miller is shipping

Stan Brown

Ordered from Bestprices.com last weekend. Got an e-mail midweek to
say it wouldn't ship until the weekend and therefore they were
remitting the shipping charges. Got the ship notice, with tracking
number, today.

My total cost: $21.07

Take _that_, Deep Discount DVD!

http://OakRoadSystems.com

Joseph Phillips

Stan Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> Ordered from Bestprices.com last weekend. Got an e-mail midweek to
> say it wouldn't ship until the weekend and therefore they were
> remitting the shipping charges. Got the ship notice, with tracking
> number, today.
>
> My total cost: $21.07
>
> Take _that_, Deep Discount DVD!

I won't buy from bestprices.com ever again after the hassle they gave
me with a couple Battle of the Planets volumes I ordered a few years
ago. Till that time they were my favorite online dvd store.

To keep it short, I ordered BOTP #3 and #4. They were shipped
seperately due to back order availability. Volume 3 was lost in
shipping to me somewhere in Oregon. I know this because the USPS sent
me a letter along with the label (no glue or tape on it whatsoever)
from the "missing" package enclosed saying it had been lost or
destroyed.

Bestprices.com then accidentally resent a duplicate of BOTP #4 when I
asked for a resend of BOTP volume 3 after calling them about the
letter from the Postal Service I got. They also charged me for that
duplicate dvd. By this time I was getting a little ticked so I called
them yet again and asked for a complete refund for the two duplicates
and the 3rd "missing" dvd. They gladly gave me an RMA number and I
shipped the two duplicate BOTP #4 dvds out.

The screwups at Bestprices Customer Service then credit me for two,
saying they hadn't gotten back the "missing" dvd. Then I start
getting email requests for me to either return the "missing" dvd or
risk being charged for it. I sent back multiple emails, and phone
calls, trying to get the clueless ****ers to understand I didn't have
it and if anything they owed me a refund for it since I never got it
period.

This hassle went on for nearly a year. I finally told them it was
becoming harrassment and if they ever charged my credit card for it
I'd have to sue them. Haven't heard from them since. DDD and Amazon
get my business from now on.

Stan Brown

And I see next week's TV Guide makes it a featured DVD set, even
though there are no extras at all.

Please, everyone, but this set! I want it to be successful so the
other seasons will be made available!

http://OakRoadSystems.com

jayembee

Stan Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> And I see next week's TV Guide makes it a featured DVD set,
> even though there are no extras at all.

I have no problems with the lack of extras -- though certainly
commentaries from the surviving cast members might've been
nice -- EXCEPT the inexcusable non-inclusion of the original
pilot, "The Life and Times of Barney Miller", which only aired
once about six months before the series debuted.

> Please, everyone, but this set! I want it to be successful
> so the other seasons will be made available!

I've done my duty. I'm not, however, going to lay odds on
Columbia making it through another seven seasons.

-- jayembee

SRT

"Stan Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ordered from Bestprices.com last weekend. Got an e-mail midweek to
> say it wouldn't ship until the weekend and therefore they were
> remitting the shipping charges. Got the ship notice, with tracking
> number, today.
>
> My total cost: $21.07
>
> Take _that_, Deep Discount DVD!
>
> --

Wow, it doesn't take much to excite some people. Do you always feel the
need to announce to the whole world when you receive a shipping notice? And
good knock on DDDVD - you saved an entire $0.99, that's showing'em.

srt