Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't share printer on network

Can't share printer on network

=?Utf-8?B?d3Jlc3RsZXIxODk=?=

I have a wireless internet connection between my laptop(inspiron 600) and my
desktop...both are running windows XP home edition. I have the internet
connection set up just fine, just when i try to print to the desktop computer
form my laptop, it doesnt show the printer that my desktop is hooked up to.
thanks in advance

smackedass

>I have a wireless internet connection between my laptop...etc...

Did you try disabling firewalls? That's the first thing to try...then, if
you're able to connect to the printer, turn the firewalls back on, and see
if you were able to "keep" the printer.

smackedass

=?Utf-8?B?d3Jlc3RsZXIxODk=?=

i disabled my firewall, and i still wasnt able to connect to the printer..so
i dunno

"smackedass" wrote:

> >I have a wireless internet connection between my laptop...etc...

> Did you try disabling firewalls? That's the first thing to try...then, if
> you're able to connect to the printer, turn the firewalls back on, and see
> if you were able to "keep" the printer.
>
> smackedass

=?Utf-8?B?S29uamFu?=

I am having the same problem, wrestler 189 did you sort the problem?

I have tried disabling FW etc, pinged both PC's but still unable to get the
laptop to find the printer.

Any help would be appreciated.

"wrestler189" wrote:

> i disabled my firewall, and i still wasnt able to connect to the printer..so
> i dunno
>
> "smackedass" wrote:
>

> > >I have a wireless internet connection between my laptop...etc...

> > Did you try disabling firewalls? That's the first thing to try...then, if
> > you're able to connect to the printer, turn the firewalls back on, and see
> > if you were able to "keep" the printer.
> >
> > smackedass

=?Utf-8?B?UEc=?=

I have the same problem....anyone know the answer to this yet?

Thanks!

"Konjan" wrote:

> I am having the same problem, wrestler 189 did you sort the problem?
>
> I have tried disabling FW etc, pinged both PC's but still unable to get the
> laptop to find the printer.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> "wrestler189" wrote:
>
> > i disabled my firewall, and i still wasnt able to connect to the printer..so
> > i dunno

> > > Did you try disabling firewalls? That's the first thing to try...then, if
> > > you're able to connect to the printer, turn the firewalls back on, and see
> > > if you were able to "keep" the printer.
> > >
> > > smackedass

Socrates

turn on file and printer sharing in the firewall settings.

www.amw1.com/tips