Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Cruise and Patric duped us in Narc

Cruise and Patric duped us in Narc

R G

In the DVD version of the movie Narc it looks like Jason Patric and
Tom Cruise played a practical joke. At the end of the movie the actor
playing the Nick Tellis character actually switches back and forth
repeatedly between Patric and Cruise. It works because of the beard
and hat.

You can have fun debating with your friends all night which exact
shots are Patric and which are Cruise. We first see Cruise after Ray
Liotta has been interrogating Busta Rhymes and then goes out to the
car. On my DVD this is the very beginning of scene 13 at 115 minutes.
We first see Cruise, but then the next shot quickly switches back to
Patric (very tricky). After the Tellis character runs to shut the blue
door and then runs over to Busta Rhymes it is most obviously Cruise
playing the character. You can even tell by the voice when he says the
line "Look me in the eyes."

It remains Cruise for a while, but then switches back to Patric right
before the scene cuts to Liotta opening the trunk of the car (with the
line "cause he was dead").

It's Cruise again when Busta Rhymes is telling the story about the
tunnel (about 118 minutes 24 seconds), but then suddenly Patric again.

During the scene between the two cops outside of the building it is
very difficult to tell who is playing Tellis. It seems to switch back
and forth.

At the end of the movie after Liotta dies, it is Cruise that stands
up.

The key is to watch the nose. Patric's nose is completely straight and
Cruise's has a bump. Cruise's face also has a slightly different
shape, and he is a little shorter.

Is this just a practical joke, or merely a ploy to get more people to
rent the movie? Either way have fun trying to figure it out, because
it isn't easy. I don't know if we were the first people to notice
this, but we couldn't find any other references to it on the web.

Dogger

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (R G) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> In the DVD version of the movie Narc it looks like Jason Patric and
> Tom Cruise played a practical joke. At the end of the movie the actor
> playing the Nick Tellis character actually switches back and forth
> repeatedly between Patric and Cruise. It works because of the beard
> and hat.
>
> You can have fun debating with your friends all night which exact
> shots are Patric and which are Cruise. We first see Cruise after Ray
> Liotta has been interrogating Busta Rhymes and then goes out to the
> car. On my DVD this is the very beginning of scene 13 at 115 minutes.
> We first see Cruise, but then the next shot quickly switches back to
> Patric (very tricky). After the Tellis character runs to shut the blue
> door and then runs over to Busta Rhymes it is most obviously Cruise
> playing the character. You can even tell by the voice when he says the
> line "Look me in the eyes."
>
> It remains Cruise for a while, but then switches back to Patric right
> before the scene cuts to Liotta opening the trunk of the car (with the
> line "cause he was dead").
>
> It's Cruise again when Busta Rhymes is telling the story about the
> tunnel (about 118 minutes 24 seconds), but then suddenly Patric again.
>
> During the scene between the two cops outside of the building it is
> very difficult to tell who is playing Tellis. It seems to switch back
> and forth.
>
> At the end of the movie after Liotta dies, it is Cruise that stands
> up.
>
> The key is to watch the nose. Patric's nose is completely straight and
> Cruise's has a bump. Cruise's face also has a slightly different
> shape, and he is a little shorter.
>
> Is this just a practical joke, or merely a ploy to get more people to
> rent the movie? Either way have fun trying to figure it out, because
> it isn't easy. I don't know if we were the first people to notice
> this, but we couldn't find any other references to it on the web.

Dream on.

DB.

Feel Duped Slave MCSA 0 05-24-2008 09:44 AM
DSLR PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING WORKSHOP CRUISE Arthur Bleich Digital Photography 0 12-06-2006 10:52 PM
[Info.] Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai Dzuyen Computer Support 1 09-15-2003 09:06 AM

Advertisments