Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Recorder What is best ?

DVD Recorder What is best ?

Darrell Mayeda

JimboSlim wrote:

> Hi DVDers
>
> Thanx luninous I thought that was the disappointing true answer Id
> get. I'm now looking at the Liteon LVW 5005 which I think comes
> nearest to my desires unless you folks Know better
>
> Or would I be better putting a Lite on Pc DVD +- burner in a
> shuttle and connecting that to my Sony wide screen TV but then I
> want Video plus for recording live TV like the old VCR did. Also I
> want something simple that her indoors can operate
>
> I don't ask for much just something that works wouldn't life be
> simple if it was like TV advert land we could then take for
> granted things that did their job well
>
> Unfortunately in real life things don't do what they say on the
> box
>
> I take your point though a hard drive is a good Idea in aset top
> box anyway
>
> Jimbo who still makes DVDs on his PC and then carts them through
> to his living room to watch them on wide screen TV
>
> Thanx Jimbo

If you buy liteon be sure you have a newer model TV. component video
jacks ARE MANDATORY. I don't know about the 5005 but I had to
return a 5001 because I use cable and my TV only had coaxial jacks.
The manual is deceptive so be sure you can return an OPENED box.
these places where you have to figure out that you made a mistake
without opening the box is agravating. Why would you buy something
if you can't use it.

Darrell Mayeda

Knight of the ERmoron Round Table.

NOTE: I'm tired of all the spam in my mailbox please leave my
last name in the body of your reply. Thanks

Virgil Green

"Darrell Mayeda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:X0vMb.54740$(E-Mail Removed)...
> JimboSlim wrote:
>
> > Hi DVDers
> >

> If you buy liteon be sure you have a newer model TV. component video
> jacks ARE MANDATORY. I don't know about the 5005 but I had to
> return a 5001 because I use cable and my TV only had coaxial jacks.
> The manual is deceptive so be sure you can return an OPENED box.
> these places where you have to figure out that you made a mistake
> without opening the box is agravating. Why would you buy something
> if you can't use it.

Just to clarify for me.... did you meant the TV needed to have RCA input?
Looking at the specs for the lvw-5001 at www.liteonamericas.com indicates
that it only component input, but it has RCA for both input and output (and
only passive RF loop-through for cable as you discovered).

- Virgil

Richard Mason

I think that you should go to Circuit City or Best Buy and they have a
VCR/DVD recorder to where that you can record a DVD to the tape in the VCR.
I know so because I had the same problem way before, so there you go. For
more info, log on to www.bestbuy.com or www.circuitcity.com.
"JimboSlim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7SeMb.3590$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi DVDers
>
> I want an all singing all dancing DVD TV set top box recorder to replace

an
> aging VHS VCR
> I already have a pioneer DVD writer in my PC which Burns DVD-R disks
> and does a good job I have a cheepo DVD player which handles the Pioneers
> disks OK to my wide screen TV
>
> I want a DVD recorder that is multi region and can read / write as many
> formats as possible + - rom ram cd mp3 wma DIVX etc
> basically which box does the most?
>
> any recommendations?
>
> Cheers Jimbo

Spam Buster

"Richard Mason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9zafc.9718$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
| "JimboSlim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:7SeMb.3590$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Hi DVDers
| >
| > I want an all singing all dancing DVD TV set top box recorder to replace
| an
| > aging VHS VCR
| > I already have a pioneer DVD writer in my PC which Burns DVD-R disks
| > and does a good job I have a cheepo DVD player which handles the
Pioneers
| > disks OK to my wide screen TV
| >
| > I want a DVD recorder that is multi region and can read / write as many
| > formats as possible + - rom ram cd mp3 wma DIVX etc
| > basically which box does the most?
| >
| > any recommendations?
| >
| > Cheers Jimbo
| >
|I think that you should go to Circuit City or Best Buy and they have a
| VCR/DVD recorder to where that you can record a DVD to the tape in the
VCR.
| I know so because I had the same problem way before, so there you go. For
| more info, log on to www.bestbuy.com or www.circuitcity.com.

Jeez.... did you even take time to read the question?

SB