Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Make DVD from vob files on hard drive?

Make DVD from vob files on hard drive?

Chris

I just got my DVD burner but I have some movies ripped from DVD's with
SmartRipper on my hard drive. These are main title only. I made vcd's from
these originally but now I'd like to burn DVD's of them. What software do I
need to do this? Can someone point me to a guide? All the ones I have found
so far assume that the vob files are on a DVD, not the hard drive.

Kimani

news:LSWLb.2466$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> I just got my DVD burner but I have some movies ripped from DVD's with
> SmartRipper on my hard drive. These are main title only. I made vcd's from
> these originally but now I'd like to burn DVD's of them. What software do

> need to do this? Can someone point me to a guide? All the ones I have

found
> so far assume that the vob files are on a DVD, not the hard drive.

www.dvdrhelp.com

Orlando Henriquez

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/guides
Its a start there
news:LSWLb.2466$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> I just got my DVD burner but I have some movies ripped from DVD's with
> SmartRipper on my hard drive. These are main title only. I made vcd's from
> these originally but now I'd like to burn DVD's of them. What software do

> need to do this? Can someone point me to a guide? All the ones I have

found
> so far assume that the vob files are on a DVD, not the hard drive.

Chris

Been there, great site, but I didn't find the guide I needed. Found plenty
for dealing with vob's on the DVD. I did find that I can re-encode it with
Tmpgenc. Perhaps you could give me a more specific link.

Thanks

"Kimani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:LSWLb.2466$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> > I just got my DVD burner but I have some movies ripped from DVD's with
> > SmartRipper on my hard drive. These are main title only. I made vcd's

from
> > these originally but now I'd like to burn DVD's of them. What software

do
> > need to do this? Can someone point me to a guide? All the ones I have

> found
> > so far assume that the vob files are on a DVD, not the hard drive.
> >

> www.dvdrhelp.com

Asoshi8 Asoshi8 is offline
Junior Member

This may be of some help to those folk out there who don't wont to be messing about with all that TMPGEnc and IFO-Edit nonsense.

There are loads of video converters out there, lots of which are free.
"Super" is just one of them. This program can convert Anything to Anything. So once you have your VIDEO_TS folders you just want to create a DVD which you can watch on your DVD player.

Instead of going down this over emphasised route that is Roxio or Nero, why not just download CDBurnerXP, which is free and it will burn your VIDEO_TS folders to a DVD and it will play on a DVD Player.
I think the settings are OK on "Joliet" which keeps the DVD at ISO9660 and that is enough to create a Watchable DVD.

I don't know why No-One ever mentioned this before because it is a lot more simple than all that Nero and Roxio complicatedness. So there you go, its that simple. So do it!

jungleland2 jungleland2 is offline
Junior Member

I had VOB files that I needed to get on DVD and CDBurnerXP did the trick