Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Max Headroom??

Max Headroom??

Ken L. Cheshire

Any chance we'll see either the movie or TV series of Max Headroom
anytime soon on DVD?

Darrel Christenson

Ken L. Cheshire wrote:

> Any chance we'll see either the movie or TV series of Max Headroom
> anytime soon on DVD?

I've got the pilot movie on tape around here somewhere,
need to transfer it to dvd-r one of these days.

drc

Vlvetmorning98

I hope we'll get both MAX TV shows soon. The "New Coke" commercials "he" did
would be a cool bonus as well.

jayembee

"Ken L. Cheshire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Any chance we'll see either the movie or TV series
> of Max Headroom anytime soon on DVD?

There's always a chance, but probably not much of one. The
rights to the show (and the original British one-off pilot
-- calling it a "movie" is a bit much) are currently held
by Warner. They haven't given any indication that the show
is being considered for DVD release.

-- jayembee

Java Jive

Shame ...

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Ken L. Cheshire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Any chance we'll see either the movie or TV series
> > of Max Headroom anytime soon on DVD?

> There's always a chance, but probably not much of one. The
> rights to the show (and the original British one-off pilot
> -- calling it a "movie" is a bit much) are currently held
> by Warner. They haven't given any indication that the show
> is being considered for DVD release.
>
> -- jayembee

Justin

jayembee wrote on [9 Jan 2004 16:13:20 -0800]:
> "Ken L. Cheshire" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Any chance we'll see either the movie or TV series
>> of Max Headroom anytime soon on DVD?

> There's always a chance, but probably not much of one. The
> rights to the show (and the original British one-off pilot
> -- calling it a "movie" is a bit much) are currently held
> by Warner. They haven't given any indication that the show
> is being considered for DVD release.

What about the Max Headroom variety/music video show?

jayembee

"Java Jive" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> There's always a chance, but probably not much of one. The
>> rights to the show (and the original British one-off pilot
>> -- calling it a "movie" is a bit much) are currently held
>> by Warner. They haven't given any indication that the show
>> is being considered for DVD release.

> Shame ...

Well, while Warner hasn't given any indication that MAX is
being considered for DVD release, they also haven't given
any indication that they've considered and dismissed it as
a possibility. I wouldn't be surprised if the Powers That Be
at Warner Home Video don't even realize that they own it.

Warner had traditionally been opposed to the idea of releasing
TV series on home video. They've been doing a turnaround on
this point, but it's going to take them a while to get beyond
the "current hit" mentality.

Three of my most-wanted series on DVD are Warner properties:
MAX HEADROOM, THE ADVENTURES OF BRISCO COUNTY JR., and CHINA
BEACH.

The alternative to waiting patiently for them would be to
write to Warner Home Video suggesting they consider releasing
MAX on DVD.

-- jayembee

want max width and max height as long as not exceed 100px Summercool HTML 9 10-23-2007 02:27 AM
ADSL Max/Max Gordy NZ Computing 6 11-24-2006 11:41 PM
Textarea max rows and max characters per row Greg Ferris Javascript 2 01-16-2004 07:21 PM
Max Apperture and Max. Shutter Speed Confusion-HELP bhaskar Digital Photography 12 07-22-2003 05:17 PM

Advertisments