Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Panasonic DMR-E80H - Media Compat

Panasonic DMR-E80H - Media Compat

JandP

Just got a DMR-E80H a couple of days ago. So far, it is an incredible
machine. Have just been playing/learning with the DVD-RAM disc that
came with the machine. Can anyone tell me if if DVD_R discs rated
higher than 1x are ok on this machine. Thanks.

mazinz

yes you can use ones higher then 1x. I have the older dmr-hs2 deck and i have
used 2x and 4x media in it and have never had a problem

Robert Nichols

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
JandP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Just got a DMR-E80H a couple of days ago. So far, it is an incredible
:machine. Have just been playing/learning with the DVD-RAM disc that
:came with the machine. Can anyone tell me if if DVD_R discs rated
:higher than 1x are ok on this machine. Thanks.

You *can* write to higher speed CD-R media with the DMR-E80H, but the
writing process will still proceed at 1X, so there's little point in
buying the higher speed media. Also, there is at least one person who
will claim that writing to higher speed media will actually cause damage
to the laser.

--
Bob Nichols AT interaccess.com I am "rnichols"

Ray

Using Ritek G04 (4x) media for the last 2 months without any problems
whatsoever.

"JandP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got a DMR-E80H a couple of days ago. So far, it is an incredible
> machine. Have just been playing/learning with the DVD-RAM disc that
> came with the machine. Can anyone tell me if if DVD_R discs rated
> higher than 1x are ok on this machine. Thanks.

FredBillie

<< From: "Ray" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Date: Sun, Jan 18, 2004 11:40 AM

Using Ritek G04 (4x) media for the last 2 months without any problems
whatsoever.

"JandP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got a DMR-E80H a couple of days ago. So far, it is an incredible
> machine. Have just been playing/learning with the DVD-RAM disc that
> came with the machine. Can anyone tell me if if DVD_R discs rated
> higher than 1x are ok on this machine. Thanks.
>><BR><BR>

Fuji, Verbatum, and Imation. Have also had good success with K-Hypermedia
although some have reported problems with this media. Results on a DMR-HS2
Panasonic.