Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD-Ram Playback

DVD-Ram Playback

John Massachusetts Pigye

are there any DVD-ROM drives that are capable of playing back DVD-RAM with software?

Colon Terminus

Hmm, just how would you insert the DVD-RAM cartridge into your DVD-ROM
drive?

"John Massachusetts Pigye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)1.com...
> are there any DVD-ROM drives that are capable of playing back DVD-RAM with

software?

Darrel Christenson

Colon Terminus wrote:

> Hmm, just how would you insert the DVD-RAM cartridge into your DVD-ROM
> drive?

I'm sure he's talking about the cartridgeless version.

drc

Richard C.

Not all DVD-Ram discs have a "cartridge.
None of mine do.
=======================

"Colon Terminus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZLiLb.5012978$(E-Mail Removed)...
:
: Hmm, just how would you insert the DVD-RAM cartridge into your DVD-ROM
: drive?
:
: "John Massachusetts Pigye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:(E-Mail Removed)1.com...
: > are there any DVD-ROM drives that are capable of playing back DVD-RAM with
: software?
: >
:
:

Nic

There are model from Panasonic, LG and Toshiba that do them.

Also, Panasonic ones take both cartridge and non cartridge RAM. I use a LG
4040B writer that reads and writes to non cartridge RAM

---

Colon Terminus

Well, thanks to this group, I've been educated. I've not paid any attention
whatsoever to DVD-RAM since the format was announced by the DVD folks. At
that time the cartridge was part of the specification. Obviously that has
changed in the interval since then.

Thank you.

"Richard C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3ffdc82b$0$89905$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Not all DVD-Ram discs have a "cartridge.
> None of mine do.
> =======================
>
> "Colon Terminus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ZLiLb.5012978$(E-Mail Removed)...
> :
> : Hmm, just how would you insert the DVD-RAM cartridge into your DVD-ROM
> : drive?
> :
> : "John Massachusetts Pigye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : news:(E-Mail Removed)1.com...
> : > are there any DVD-ROM drives that are capable of playing back DVD-RAM

with
> : software?
> : >
> :
> :

eric ng

You can take out the disk from the cartridge by open the end of the
cartridge, if your file is video file,
you need software to play it, for data files no special software required as
Windows treats the RAM disk
just like a removable hard drive.

"Colon Terminus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:etrLb.4112620$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Well, thanks to this group, I've been educated. I've not paid any

attention
> whatsoever to DVD-RAM since the format was announced by the DVD folks. At
> that time the cartridge was part of the specification. Obviously that has
> changed in the interval since then.
>
> Thank you.
>

> "Richard C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3ffdc82b$0$89905$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > Not all DVD-Ram discs have a "cartridge.
> > None of mine do.
> > =======================
> >
> > "Colon Terminus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:ZLiLb.5012978$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > :
> > : Hmm, just how would you insert the DVD-RAM cartridge into your DVD-ROM
> > : drive?
> > :
> > : "John Massachusetts Pigye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > : news:(E-Mail Removed)1.com...
> > : > are there any DVD-ROM drives that are capable of playing back

DVD-RAM
> with
> > : software?
> > : >
> > :
> > :

mazinz

actually you do not need 'special" software to play ram disc. Powerdvd xp 4
(which is very common with many pcs) reads the ram disc just fine.

Trevor S

John Massachusetts Pigye <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)1.com:

> are there any DVD-ROM drives that are capable of playing back DVD-RAM
> with software?

I use PowerDVD 4, both my DVD-ROM and my burner handle -RAM no problems.

--
Trevor S

-Albert Einstein