Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Defective Springsteen in Barcelona

Defective Springsteen in Barcelona

Stuart Southerland

I've gotten a couple of the Springsteen Barcelona dvds and neither will play
disc II. It just hangs at the menu; you can't select anything. I picked one
up in November and the second one today, so I'm begining to think that I'm
out of luck. I've offered the store half price for the first disc, but they
have no imagination whatsoever.

I don't know if this is player specific or what, anyone hear anything about
this?

Thanks

John

It's a known issue and Sony will replace the disc. I don't have the number,
but if you post on the Springsteen newsgroup, they'll have it as this has been
discussed a bunch of times. Actually, just do a Google groups search and I'm
sure you'll find it.

- John

>http://members.aol.com/john127/index.html<

Thomas Bell

Stuart Southerland wrote:
> I've gotten a couple of the Springsteen Barcelona dvds and neither will play
> disc II. It just hangs at the menu; you can't select anything. I picked one
> up in November and the second one today, so I'm begining to think that I'm
> out of luck. I've offered the store half price for the first disc, but they
> have no imagination whatsoever.
>
> I don't know if this is player specific or what, anyone hear anything about
> this?
>
> Thanks

Sony is aware of this problem and is already mailing replacement discs
to those that contact them at the following number:

800-255-7514 (NJ residents dial 856-722-8224).

According to many fans on the Springsteen newsgroup, Sony is sending the
replacement dvd without requesting the complainer to return the
defective dvd and most people are getting their replacement discs in
about 1 to 2 weeks which is pretty good customer service compared to
say, Universal.

T.B.

Rich Clark

"Thomas Bell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Sony is aware of this problem and is already mailing replacement discs
> to those that contact them at the following number:
>
> 800-255-7514 (NJ residents dial 856-722-8224).
>
> According to many fans on the Springsteen newsgroup, Sony is sending the
> replacement dvd without requesting the complainer to return the
> defective dvd and most people are getting their replacement discs in
> about 1 to 2 weeks which is pretty good customer service compared to
> say, Universal.

Yeah, I got mine in like 4 business days after making the call, which I made
late on a Saturday night. The call-taker knew exactly what I was asking
about and the whole thing took about 20 seconds. Disc came in a jewel box
inside a padded envelope. A model for the industry, I'd say.

RichC