Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Underworld DVD audio mastering

Underworld DVD audio mastering

Axl

Has anyone else watch Underworld yet on a 5.1 system? Is it me or are
the bass levels just obnoxiously high???

Hmunster

"Axl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wsKKb.44580$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone else watch Underworld yet on a 5.1 system? Is it me or are
> the bass levels just obnoxiously high???

Just watched it last night. I was really surprised overall at how loud this
DVD was. I had the volume almost half of what I watch most DVDs at, and
that is usually too loud as it is. Even at half it was "wake the neighbors"
loud. I did notice that the sub was very heavily utilized, but I don't
think it was obnoxiously high at all, I thought the mix sounded excellant.
It was a great blend of deep bass and crystal clear high ends. I was very
impressed with the bullet shells falling, especially in the beginning, and
also the rain scenes, it sounded like it was raining outside. Few movies
have been pulling off nicely used surround sound, so this was a nice change.