Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Lost in Space 1st Season delayed?

Lost in Space 1st Season delayed?

Thomas Bell

I thought the Lost in Sapce 1st season box was supposed to be released
today but 3 different stores did not have it and no one when asked could
say when or if it's due (or delayed). Anyone know what's up this time?

T.B.

Doug MacLean

"Thomas Bell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I thought the Lost in Sapce 1st season box was supposed to be released
> today but 3 different stores did not have it and no one when asked could
> say when or if it's due (or delayed). Anyone know what's up this time?
>
> T.B.

The first announced release of Lost In Space UPC 024543079040 was cancelled
by Fox. The second announcement of the first season, UPC 024543102502 is
still set for release on January 13th. Most online retailers have it still
listed for that date and Fox is still holding to it although it appears that
a few online sites have it listed as in stock as of today. Considering Fox
still has the 13th as the release date and most stores are listing it as
such the few that are posting it as available may just have a glitch on
their end.
--

Doug MacLean
Home Theater Info

Bill

I saw an advertisement for the LIS DVD set on TV last night--hopefully
that's a positive sign.

"Thomas Bell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I thought the Lost in Sapce 1st season box was supposed to be released
> today but 3 different stores did not have it and no one when asked could
> say when or if it's due (or delayed). Anyone know what's up this time?
>
> T.B.

jayembee

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Thomas Bell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> I thought the Lost in Sapce 1st season box was supposed
>> to be released today but 3 different stores did not have
>> it and no one when asked could say when or if it's due
>> (or delayed). Anyone know what's up this time?

> The first announced release of Lost In Space UPC 024543079040
> was cancelled by Fox. The second announcement of the first
> season, UPC 024543102502 is still set for release on January
> 13th. Most online retailers have it still listed for that
> date and Fox is still holding to it although it appears that
> a few online sites have it listed as in stock as of today.
> Considering Fox still has the 13th as the release date and
> most stores are listing it as such the few that are posting
> it as available may just have a glitch on their end.

Or are breaking the street date.

Oddly enough, I just picked up a copy last night at the Best
Buy in Nashua, NH. There definitely weren't any copies at
the BB in Newington, NH when I was there on Tuesday. Either
the Nashua store put them out early, or there was some
confusion in their database about the proper street date.

(I'm willing to bet the former. There have been other instances
where I've picked up something from one or another of the
local Best Buys a week or two early.)

-- jayembee