Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > WTD Disney Treasures

WTD Disney Treasures

Smiley

Håkon Hagelund wrote:
> I live in Norway, and MMILC and SS were released here in December. Three
> Little Pigs on the SS DVD is completely uncut. In this R2 version, the scene
> when Big Bad Wolf visits the pigs dressed as a jew is intact. In the R1
> version, it was presented by L. Maltin.
>
> Haakon
>
> "Cesare Cioni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1g75glt.4b6tuz19btabfN%(E-Mail Removed).. .

> out

>>>They're already out. They were released in December.

>>Are you sure? If so, then they are scheduled at different times in the
>>vaious European countries. Has anybody already seen them, and can
>>confirm if the contents are identical to the US releases, and whether
>>any additional languages are present in the Uk release?
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>Cesare

Is the original soundtrack of Three Little Pigs included as well??
According to the ASIFA San Fransisco Newsletter on-line (
http://www.awn.com/asifa-sf/november/video-book.html ) the soundtrack
was rerecorded too:

"
DISNEY'S PARTLY UNCENSORED "THREE LITTLE PIGS" is a strange moment in
animation history. It will be available until somebody complains and the
film is censored again.

When the original film was released it contained an anti-Semitic gag
showing the wolf dressed as a Jewish peddler selling brushes. He spoke
with an thick eastern-European accent. In the late 1940's the scene was
reanimated to remove suggestion the wolf was Jewish. A new soundtrack
was added. It isn't known why the studio made the change according to
David Smith of the Disney Archives. He suggested it may have been due to
a request by the Hays Office.

The newly released tape is called Disney, Three Little Pigs, Favorite
Stories. It was made from a beautiful Technicolor original and the
original image of the wolf with a large nose wearing a yarmulke and long
beard can be seen. The offensive soundtrack has been removed so people
seeing the image will simply think it is a goofy looking disguise.
"

Ron

Håkon Hagelund

"Smiley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3ffd9db8$0$1041$(E-Mail Removed). nl...
> Håkon Hagelund wrote:
> > I live in Norway, and MMILC and SS were released here in December. Three
> > Little Pigs on the SS DVD is completely uncut. In this R2 version, the

scene
> > when Big Bad Wolf visits the pigs dressed as a jew is intact. In the R1
> > version, it was presented by L. Maltin.
> >
> > Haakon
> >
> > "Cesare Cioni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:1g75glt.4b6tuz19btabfN%(E-Mail Removed).. .

> > out

> >>Are you sure? If so, then they are scheduled at different times in the
> >>vaious European countries. Has anybody already seen them, and can
> >>confirm if the contents are identical to the US releases, and whether
> >>any additional languages are present in the Uk release?
> >>
> >>thanks
> >>
> >>Cesare

> Is the original soundtrack of Three Little Pigs included as well??
> According to the ASIFA San Fransisco Newsletter on-line (
> http://www.awn.com/asifa-sf/november/video-book.html ) the soundtrack
> was rerecorded too:
>

> "
> DISNEY'S PARTLY UNCENSORED "THREE LITTLE PIGS" is a strange moment in
> animation history. It will be available until somebody complains and the
> film is censored again.
>
> When the original film was released it contained an anti-Semitic gag
> showing the wolf dressed as a Jewish peddler selling brushes. He spoke
> with an thick eastern-European accent. In the late 1940's the scene was
> reanimated to remove suggestion the wolf was Jewish. A new soundtrack
> was added. It isn't known why the studio made the change according to
> David Smith of the Disney Archives. He suggested it may have been due to
> a request by the Hays Office.
>
> The newly released tape is called Disney, Three Little Pigs, Favorite
> Stories. It was made from a beautiful Technicolor original and the
> original image of the wolf with a large nose wearing a yarmulke and long
> beard can be seen. The offensive soundtrack has been removed so people
> seeing the image will simply think it is a goofy looking disguise.
> "
>
> Ron

Hi

Well, I don't think the original soundtrack is there. It is the same I have
always heard.

Haakon

Smiley

That's too bad but thanks for the info