Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Are these two Seabiscuit DVDs defective?

Are these two Seabiscuit DVDs defective?

klim

Happy New Year, all. We got a DVD player for Xmas and went to WalMart
and bought a widescreen DVD of Seabiscuit. Everything worked fine
except that we could not play the first segment of Bonus Features,
which has commentary by Gary Ross and Steven Sodeberg. Took the DVD
back to WalMart and they replaced it, telling me that they do not give
refunds on DVDs or videos, only exchanges. The second DVD behaves
exactly the same, everything works but the first segment of Bonus
Features. Is it likely that both these DVDs are defective? Has anyone
else had this problem?

Rich Clark

"klim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Happy New Year, all. We got a DVD player for Xmas and went to WalMart
> and bought a widescreen DVD of Seabiscuit. Everything worked fine
> except that we could not play the first segment of Bonus Features,
> which has commentary by Gary Ross and Steven Sodeberg. Took the DVD
> back to WalMart and they replaced it, telling me that they do not give
> refunds on DVDs or videos, only exchanges. The second DVD behaves
> exactly the same, everything works but the first segment of Bonus
> Features. Is it likely that both these DVDs are defective? Has anyone
> else had this problem?

Perhaps you weren't grasping that the way this feature works is that you
turn the commentary "on" and then just play the movie in the regular way.
You'll hear the commentary instead of the normal soundtrack.

Often you can simply use the "audio" button on your remote to switch among
the available soundtracks (including commentaries) as the movie plays. Some
discs don't allow this, however.

RichC