Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > anyone know of a good multi region DVD player to be used with Yamaha RXV1400?

anyone know of a good multi region DVD player to be used with Yamaha RXV1400?

Apkesh

Hi, I am looking for a dvd player in the price range of $150-250 to be
used with my Yamaha RX-V1400 reciever and Hitachi Flats screen
projection TV. The reason for multi region capability is that I own a
lot of DVDs from asia that are R3 so it is important I be able to play
them. Also, I want to be able to get the best out of my reciver and TV
(both sound and piture). I am not an expert at this, can some one
help? Cheers, apkesh

Jay G

"Apkesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ...
> Hi, I am looking for a dvd player in the price range of $150-250 to be
> used with my Yamaha RX-V1400 reciever and Hitachi Flats screen
> projection TV. The reason for multi region capability is that I own a
> lot of DVDs from asia that are R3 so it is important I be able to play
> them. Also, I want to be able to get the best out of my reciver and TV
> (both sound and piture). I am not an expert at this, can some one
> help? Cheers, apkesh

The MALATA DVP-520 is usually considered one of the
better multi-region players, with accurate PAL-to-NTSC
conversion, as well as x-y scaling. It also reportedly has
good quality video and sound.

It is a bit more than the price range you mentioned.
You can find it at this site:
http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/

There they have less expensive models as well, although
it looks like you lose out on the x-y scaling then.

One place to read up on current multi-region players
is at the nerd-our forums:
http://www.nerd-out.com/forum/

-Jay