Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Favourite UK, Eur. or Aus DVD titles?

Favourite UK, Eur. or Aus DVD titles?

Stephen Cooke

I finally found an all-region, all-format DVD player (Cyberhome 300) and
now I'm on the lookout for some unusual PAL titles to play on it. I have
my eye on some Australian discs (Hellzapoppin', Napoleon) and British
titles (Oh Mr. Porter, The Best of Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, League of
Gentlemen UK editions). Does anyone have any other unique recommendations?

Also, any solid recommendations for where to buy PAL titles? I already
know about Diabolik DVD, and will likely be ordering stuff through them,
but how about overseas retailers?

Any info would be appreciated.

swac

Mischa van Dinter

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:29:33 -0400, Stephen Cooke
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Also, any solid recommendations for where to buy PAL titles? I already
>know about Diabolik DVD, and will likely be ordering stuff through them,
>but how about overseas retailers?
>
>Any info would be appreciated.

Overseas, of course, depending on where you are located

Since this retailer is on an island, I guess it qualifies as overseas
from every location except the island itself: www.play.com. They are
my favourite source of R2 titles. Regular pricing is ok but not
spectacular, but they often have very interesting special offers. You
can get a few good movies at great prices there right now.

Mischa

Lithurge

Mischa van Dinter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:29:33 -0400, Stephen Cooke
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Also, any solid recommendations for where to buy PAL
>>titles? I already know about Diabolik DVD, and will likely
>>be ordering stuff through them, but how about overseas
>>retailers?
>>
>>Any info would be appreciated.

> Overseas, of course, depending on where you are located
>
> Since this retailer is on an island, I guess it qualifies
> as overseas from every location except the island itself:
> www.play.com. They are my favourite source of R2 titles.
> Regular pricing is ok but not spectacular, but they often
> have very interesting special offers. You can get a few
> good movies at great prices there right now.
>
> Mischa

Sadly Play don't ship to the US/Canada.

The original poster could try:

www.blackstar.co.uk
www.dvdcrave.com
www.ezydvd.com.au (australian)
www.amazon.co.uk

No idea what Blackstar costs are for outside UK shipping, but
DVDCrave/Ezydvd are fairly reasonable from aus to the UK.