Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Apex AD-1500 DVD Player Problem

Apex AD-1500 DVD Player Problem

Mopar Man

When I play a movie it skips badly with no sound,But if I hit mute on
the dvd player remote it plays fine.It plays cd's and mp3's fine.What is
wrong with it?

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Mopar Man) wrote:

> When I play a movie it skips badly with no sound,But if I hit mute on
> the dvd player remote it plays fine.It plays cd's and mp3's fine.What is
> wrong with it?

It's an Apex, that's what. There's a reason those things sell for $40 at
Wal-mart. Go get yourself a more expensive player from a trusted name
brand.
--
BL

Anonymous Joe

"Black Locust" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Mopar Man) wrote:
>
> > When I play a movie it skips badly with no sound,But if I hit mute on
> > the dvd player remote it plays fine.It plays cd's and mp3's fine.What is
> > wrong with it?

> It's an Apex, that's what. There's a reason those things sell for $40 at
> Wal-mart. Go get yourself a more expensive player from a trusted name
> brand.
> --
> BL

That's kind of rude. I also have that player, had it for just about 2 years
now, and it plays everything I toss at it. DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW,
DVD-VCD, DVD-SVCD, SVCD, XSVCD, VCD, XVCD, KVCD, KSVCD, MP3, MPG on ISO.
Only thing it wont do is MP3 on DVD...

Cathy De Viney

My family has four Apex AD-1500 players....NO problems!

"Black Locust" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Mopar Man) wrote:
>
> > When I play a movie it skips badly with no sound,But if I hit mute on
> > the dvd player remote it plays fine.It plays cd's and mp3's fine.What is
> > wrong with it?

> It's an Apex, that's what. There's a reason those things sell for $40 at
> Wal-mart. Go get yourself a more expensive player from a trusted name
> brand.
> --
> BL

Video Flyer

On 1/2/04 11:32 AM, in article (E-Mail Removed), "Cathy De
Viney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My family has four Apex AD-1500 players....NO problems!
>
> "Black Locust" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> (E-Mail Removed) (Mopar Man) wrote:
>>
>>> When I play a movie it skips badly with no sound,But if I hit mute on
>>> the dvd player remote it plays fine.It plays cd's and mp3's fine.What is
>>> wrong with it?

>> It's an Apex, that's what. There's a reason those things sell for $40 at
>> Wal-mart. Go get yourself a more expensive player from a trusted name
>> brand.
>> --
>> BL

Likewise, I've also owned one of these puppies for just over two years now
and no problems.

It's a fact, though, that the failure rates on cheap units like these is
substantially higher than that on higher quality, name-brand equipment. You
saves your money, you takes your chances. On the other hand, if they
go south, they tend to do so fairly soon after you start to use 'em so you
should be able to return 'em for another unit that has about a 50% shot at
being 100% reliable.

Nothing will make BL's response any more helpful but it's certainly
defensible.

Now, here's hoping I haven't jinxed myself. If I put a disc in this evening
and see sparks and smoke NOT on the tv screen, I'll know never to defend an
Apex in a public forum ever again.

Neal

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Cathy De Viney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My family has four Apex AD-1500 players....NO problems!

Sheer luck is all that is. All you have to do is look at all the
countless "Problem with Apex <Insert Model # Here>" posts to see they're
junk.
--
BL

Cathy De Viney

I read a post once which stated that the problem with many Apex players is
that they keep spinning even after the STOP button is pushed. You need to
turn the unit off and many people leave them on...and that is why they break
down. Mine is OFF when not in use.