Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Problems with PHILIPS

Problems with PHILIPS

Wolfgang Sterta

Hello friends!

Today, I bied a brandnew PHILIPS DVDR70. It worked very well, and I
recorded some films on a DVD+R. I could also see films on bied DVDs.

But suddenly, the recorder doesnīt accept DVD+Rs. If I put a new DVD+R
on the tray, it shuts the tray, reads 2-3 seconds and opens the tray. it
doesnīt shows anything. It cannot read new DVD+R . But it can show
cinema DVDs. Thatīs no problem. He cannot read only DVD+R.No new ones
and not the DVD, on which I recorded my films.

I will try it tomorrow again, if the unit is cold again.

Thankyou for your help!

Wolf

Steve Roberts

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:07:01 +0100, Wolfgang Sterta
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello friends!
>
>Today, I bied a brandnew PHILIPS DVDR70. It worked very well, and I
>recorded some films on a DVD+R. I could also see films on bied DVDs.
>
>But suddenly, the recorder doesnīt accept DVD+Rs. If I put a new DVD+R
>on the tray, it shuts the tray, reads 2-3 seconds and opens the tray. it
>doesnīt shows anything. It cannot read new DVD+R . But it can show
>cinema DVDs. Thatīs no problem. He cannot read only DVD+R.No new ones
>and not the DVD, on which I recorded my films.

Probably not what you're wanting to hear, but this is indicative of an
inherent design fault with the Philips recorders. We've had all three
of our DVDR-series recorders here fail within a year - and they are
only getting moderate use. The last one was a DVDR-70 and it failed in
exactly the way you describe in less than five months.

They've all been repaired under warranty, but there's no way we'll be
ever buying Philips recorders again.

Steve

The Doctor Who Restoration Team Website
http://www.restoration-team.co.uk

freddyboy

I agree completely with what you say. I have just purchased a DVDR75 as a
replacement for my faulty DVDR880 and if this unit fails too I will be
jumping ship to another manufacturer.
Fred
"Steve Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:07:01 +0100, Wolfgang Sterta
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hello friends!
> >
> >Today, I bied a brandnew PHILIPS DVDR70. It worked very well, and I
> >recorded some films on a DVD+R. I could also see films on bied DVDs.
> >
> >But suddenly, the recorder doesnīt accept DVD+Rs. If I put a new DVD+R
> >on the tray, it shuts the tray, reads 2-3 seconds and opens the tray. it
> >doesnīt shows anything. It cannot read new DVD+R . But it can show
> >cinema DVDs. Thatīs no problem. He cannot read only DVD+R.No new ones
> >and not the DVD, on which I recorded my films.

> Probably not what you're wanting to hear, but this is indicative of an
> inherent design fault with the Philips recorders. We've had all three
> of our DVDR-series recorders here fail within a year - and they are
> only getting moderate use. The last one was a DVDR-70 and it failed in
> exactly the way you describe in less than five months.
>
> They've all been repaired under warranty, but there's no way we'll be
> ever buying Philips recorders again.
>
> Steve
>

> The Doctor Who Restoration Team Website
> http://www.restoration-team.co.uk

Philips DVD burner problems fastmoggy Computer Support 1 07-06-2005 01:33 AM
Philips DVDR75 picture quality problems Hillen120 DVD Video 1 10-18-2004 08:26 PM
Philips DVDRW416 Adrian Dady Computer Support 2 08-28-2004 11:07 PM
philips el3541 albert Computer Support 2 11-05-2003 07:06 AM
"error code 69" when trying to install philips wdm tvtuner terrry MCSD 2 10-17-2003 05:52 AM

Advertisments