Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Malata DVP-393 region-free?

Malata DVP-393 region-free?

nomis

I've read a few good things about the Malata Compact DVP-393, especially
about it's region-free abilities, but I can't get verification as to
whether it's region-free out of the box or if I need to crack the
firmware.

Does anybody here know?

nomis

http://www.oozingbrain.com

home to _Withered Spirits: The Works of Terry Lamsley_
and _The Big F Webpage_ (diehards unite!)

nomis

I've read a few good things about the Malata Compact DVP-393, especially
about it's region-free abilities, but I can't get verification as to
whether it's region-free out of the box or if I need to crack the
firmware.

Does anybody here know?

nomis

http://www.oozingbrain.com

home to _Withered Spirits: The Works of Terry Lamsley_
and _The Big F Webpage_ (diehards unite!)

nomis

http://www.oozingbrain.com

home to _Withered Spirits: The Works of Terry Lamsley_
and _The Big F Webpage_ (diehards unite!)

Jay Stewart

"nomis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) rs.com...
> I've read a few good things about the Malata Compact DVP-393, especially
> about it's region-free abilities, but I can't get verification as to
> whether it's region-free out of the box or if I need to crack the
> firmware.
>
> Does anybody here know?

I'm pretty sure it is - the below link confirms it.

http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/malata_dvp-393.asp

Load problem on Malata DVD-R3 loucyphre DVD Video 1 08-11-2004 03:53 PM
FA: Malata DVD-N996 Region Free Player Mr Muckle DVD Video 0 04-05-2004 12:35 PM
MALATA DVP-580 Stephen Cooke DVD Video 1 12-30-2003 03:40 AM
Malata DVP-500P timu DVD Video 1 11-19-2003 06:23 PM

Advertisments