Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Michael Biehn wasn't the first cast as 'Hicks' in Aliens......Who Was?

Michael Biehn wasn't the first cast as 'Hicks' in Aliens......Who Was?

SickBoy

Anyone know who was originally cast for this part. I would love to
know...thanks for any info.

Sickboy

J Smith

I think James Remar was meant to play Hicks.

"SickBoy" <SickBoy@thecomputer> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Anyone know who was originally cast for this part. I would love to
> know...thanks for any info.
>
> Sickboy

napalm68

Yeah, I think it was. They mentioned the name in one of the docos on the
quadrilogy set, and showed you him in one shot they used in the final film,
but it wasn't an actor I actually knew so I'm not totally sure (withough
trawling through the disc again)

"J Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I think James Remar was meant to play Hicks.
>

> "SickBoy" <SickBoy@thecomputer> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >

> > Anyone know who was originally cast for this part. I would love to
> > know...thanks for any info.
> >
> > Sickboy

Rupert Pupkin

>Yeah, I think it was. They mentioned the name in one of the docos on the
>quadrilogy set, and showed you him in one shot they used in the final film,
>but it wasn't an actor I actually knew so I'm not totally sure (withough
>trawling through the disc again)

You don't know James Remar? Well, I guess you guys are just goin' faggot.

napalm68

Heh, heh, heh. I just had a look at IMDB and the only film I've seen with
him in it is Hellraiser Inferno and Drugstore Cowboy. They didn't actually
show his face in the doco, and the name meant nothing.

"Rupert Pupkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Yeah, I think it was. They mentioned the name in one of the docos on the
> >quadrilogy set, and showed you him in one shot they used in the final

film,
> >but it wasn't an actor I actually knew so I'm not totally sure (withough
> >trawling through the disc again)

> You don't know James Remar? Well, I guess you guys are just goin' faggot.

Michael Rogers

I remember James Remer from 48Hrs.

Mike

napalm68 wrote:

> Heh, heh, heh. I just had a look at IMDB and the only film I've seen with
> him in it is Hellraiser Inferno and Drugstore Cowboy. They didn't actually
> show his face in the doco, and the name meant nothing.
>
> "Rupert Pupkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >Yeah, I think it was. They mentioned the name in one of the docos on the
> > >quadrilogy set, and showed you him in one shot they used in the final

> film,
> > >but it wasn't an actor I actually knew so I'm not totally sure (withough
> > >trawling through the disc again)

> > You don't know James Remar? Well, I guess you guys are just goin' faggot.

Joshua Zyber

"napalm68" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3ff23257$0$18694$(E-Mail Removed) u...
[James Remar]
> Heh, heh, heh. I just had a look at IMDB and the only film I've seen

with
> him in it is Hellraiser Inferno and Drugstore Cowboy. They didn't

actually
> show his face in the doco, and the name meant nothing.

'The Huntress' TV series he was on was terrific. He also had an extended
role on 'Sex & The City'.

(You learn these things when you're married...)

Zinema

James Remar is seen briefly at the very beginning of the "This Time It's War"
featurette on ALIENS - Disc 2. It's dark, it's fast...but it's him. And yes,
he's mentioned specifically in the "Power of Real Tech" featurette. Also, in
one of the production photo galleries, there are several photos of Remar as
Hicks, with brief text notes explaning that his departure was for "personal
reasons."

Remove "nospam" to respond. But you knew that.

Michael Rogers

What's funny is that that little picture graphic of Hicks in Alien 3
(theatrical version) looks more like James Remar than it does Michael
Biehn

Joshua Zyber wrote:

> "napalm68" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3ff23257$0$18694$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> [James Remar]
> > Heh, heh, heh. I just had a look at IMDB and the only film I've seen

> with
> > him in it is Hellraiser Inferno and Drugstore Cowboy. They didn't

> actually
> > show his face in the doco, and the name meant nothing.

> 'The Huntress' TV series he was on was terrific. He also had an extended
> role on 'Sex & The City'.
>
> (You learn these things when you're married...)

Black Locust

In article <3ff23257$0$18694$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
"napalm68" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Heh, heh, heh. I just had a look at IMDB and the only film I've seen with
> him in it is Hellraiser Inferno and Drugstore Cowboy. They didn't actually
> show his face in the doco, and the name meant nothing.

Didn't he play Rayden in that steaming pile of monkey poo known as
Mortal Kombat Annihilation?
--
BL