Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Still Need A Region Hack For!!!!!!!

Still Need A Region Hack For!!!!!!!

Dragon

Alba 129 or pacific 1001

Any help Ive tried dvdrhelp and others but nothing as yet

Impmon

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kooIb.47$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alba 129 or pacific 1001
>
> Any help Ive tried dvdrhelp and others but nothing as yet

Did you try searching via Google?

Some DVD players just can't be modified short of opening the case up and
installing a custom chip.

Michael

"Impmon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3ff242c6$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kooIb.47$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Alba 129 or pacific 1001
> >
> > Any help Ive tried dvdrhelp and others but nothing as yet

> Did you try searching via Google?
>
> Some DVD players just can't be modified short of opening the case up and
> installing a custom chip.

Got this from www.dvdreviewer.co.uk in the forums, so not sure if it will
work:

Please find below the multi region code for the ALBA DVD129.
This hack is the same as the code for the CROWN cdv1100B
Follow the procedures to change region code for Mediatek Single Chip
DVD
players:
a) Press SETUP button on the remote control to display the setup
screen
b) Press "1369<<<>" on the remote control ( "<" = left navigation
button; ">" = right navigation button)
c) A new item "VERSION" is added on the menu
d) Select thr VERSION item and press SELECT button to enter
e) Press the right navigation button ">" on the remote control to
change the region code
f) Press SETUP button again to exit the region code change mode
Note: Region code 0 is "all region code".
e) Power down via standbye and switch off by mains
g) switch back ON and watch all ....

Regards,

MR

Gordon Lindsay

Want to unlock your DVD player and make it region free?

Go here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3375415473

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kooIb.47$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alba 129 or pacific 1001
>
> Any help Ive tried dvdrhelp and others but nothing as yet

moosecall@mindsprung.com

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 14:40:38 -0000, "Gordon Lindsay"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Want to unlock your DVD player and make it region free?
>
>Go here
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3375415473

Can someone explain this "region" thing, please....
I have never understood what this was about, what does it do, and why.

Thanks

Dragon

Yes I can

firstly never go to any where to pay for your unlocking as most of the net
if you type in the model of your dvd player you will get a hack for free
here for instance is a great place for region hacks for dvds

www.dvdrhelp.com/

Right now about the region thing

Each country have there own region for dvds which means if you lived in say
the United Kingdom (region2) you couldn't play a USA (region 1) disk in your
player unless it has been made region free. Which of course can be done
quiet easily nowadays from the remote on you dvd player hence the above site
gives you hacks and tells you how to do it.

the world is setup up into 6 region I think it is

Region 1 USA Canada and that region
Region 2 Europe France United Kingdom Japan
Region 3 South east Asia
Region 4 Australia and south America
Region 5 Africa Russia and the rest of Asia
Region 6 China

I think that's right hope this helps

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

3

> Can someone explain this "region" thing, please....
> I have never understood what this was about, what does it do, and why.
>
> Thanks

moosecall@mindsprung.com

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 21:34:01 -0000, "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Yes I can
>
>firstly never go to any where to pay for your unlocking as most of the net
>if you type in the model of your dvd player you will get a hack for free
>here for instance is a great place for region hacks for dvds
>
>www.dvdrhelp.com/
>

>Right now about the region thing
>
>Each country have there own region for dvds which means if you lived in say
>the United Kingdom (region2) you couldn't play a USA (region 1) disk in your
>player unless it has been made region free. Which of course can be done
>quiet easily nowadays from the remote on you dvd player hence the above site
>gives you hacks and tells you how to do it.
>
>the world is setup up into 6 region I think it is
>
>Region 1 USA Canada and that region
>Region 2 Europe France United Kingdom Japan
>Region 3 South east Asia
>Region 4 Australia and south America
>Region 5 Africa Russia and the rest of Asia
>Region 6 China
>
>I think that's right hope this helps
>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 14:40:38 -0000, "Gordon Lindsay"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Want to unlock your DVD player and make it region free?
>> >
>> >Go here

>>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...item=337541547

>3
>> >

>> Can someone explain this "region" thing, please....
>> I have never understood what this was about, what does it do, and why.
>>
>> Thanks

Yes, that helps. Thank you

THe only thing I still dont understand is what happens, and why they
do it. For example, I play a USA Dvd in a foreign country (say in
region 2), what happens? Does it just not play, does it harm my
player, am I asked to pay something, or is it just in their language
is different, or what?

And, what is the reason for doing this? Is it just based on language,
or the local commercials, or are they just trying to make more money?

Thanks again.

Jer

> Yes, that helps. Thank you
>
> THe only thing I still dont understand is what happens, and why they
> do it. For example, I play a USA Dvd in a foreign country (say in
> region 2), what happens? Does it just not play, does it harm my
> player, am I asked to pay something, or is it just in their language
> is different, or what?
>
> And, what is the reason for doing this? Is it just based on language,
> or the local commercials, or are they just trying to make more money?
>
> Thanks again.

Here's one web reference for your perusal....

http://zonefreedvd.com/codefreedvd/regionaldvdmap.html

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten' ICQ = 35253273
"All that we do is touched with ocean, yet we remain on the shore of