Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Player @ 80

DVD Player @ 80

Soupladel

What would everybody's suggestion for a good all round DVD player at 80
approx be?

I am looking for something that plays DVD-R, SVCD, mp3 and possibly even
play mpegs from iso's

I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst others

Cheers

Soupladel

tHatDudeUK

"Soupladel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B9lIb.2059$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

others

Apparently the latest Pioneer is the most recommended.

Mischa van Dinter

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:24:01 GMT, "Soupladel"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst others

The Philips 728 has problems with branched discs. I have had one and
confirmed with the store that it is a problem inherent to the model,
so do not buy that one.

Mischa

Tim S Kemp

"Soupladel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B9lIb.2059$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What would everybody's suggestion for a good all round DVD player at 80
> approx be?
>
> I am looking for something that plays DVD-R, SVCD, mp3 and possibly even
> play mpegs from iso's
>
> I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

others

> Cheers
>
> Soupladel

Just got a Panasonic DVD-S75 - does DVD-Video, DVD-Audio 192khz, MP3, SVCD,
VCD, Jpeg, WMA, HighMAT, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, CD-R, CD-RW, CDDA, CDDA+Text. Has
full set of 5.1 audio outs, component video, S video, composite, RGB. Does
progressive NTSC. Looks good. Works well, not got it hooked up for serious
audio yet but watched a couple of films and its way ahead of my 4 yr old
Pioneer 525. Price - 89.95 or 99.95 from richer sounds (R2/Multiregion)

---

Nic

"Mischa van Dinter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:24:01 GMT, "Soupladel"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

others

> The Philips 728 has problems with branched discs. I have had one and
> confirmed with the store that it is a problem inherent to the model,
> so do not buy that one.
>
> Mischa

How about the Panasonic S35 for around 80 or the S75 at around 100?

---

Dave

"Soupladel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B9lIb.2059$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What would everybody's suggestion for a good all round DVD player at 80
> approx be?
>
> I am looking for something that plays DVD-R, SVCD, mp3 and possibly even
> play mpegs from iso's
>
> I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

others

arianet 2277, plays dvd, dvd+r/rw, dvd-r/rw, vcd, svcd, mp3, jpeg, audio
cds, mpegs, cd+g, and karaoke cd/dvd, has progressive scan as well as every
output you will ever need and mic inputs, region free, macrovision hackable
from remote code, and even a slideshow facility for jpegs with a vast
selection of fade in/out effects, also various echo effects for the sound as
well as 7 preset graphic equalizer (eg. pop, rock, soft etc like on a home
hifi) total price around 70 quid, best player in terms of features ive owned
so far, and ive owned a few )

Okilee Dokilee

"Soupladel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B9lIb.2059$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What would everybody's suggestion for a good all round DVD player at 80
> approx be?
>
> I am looking for something that plays DVD-R, SVCD, mp3 and possibly even
> play mpegs from iso's
>
> I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

others

> Cheers
>
> Soupladel

Toshiba 330. Nice player. Just bought one for my old dear and tested it
tonight. 79.99 Amazon.

Dave

"Okilee Dokilee" <derekathomson@.hot male.com> wrote in message
news:iSpIb.2390$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Soupladel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:B9lIb.2059$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What would everybody's suggestion for a good all round DVD player at 80
> > approx be?
> >
> > I am looking for something that plays DVD-R, SVCD, mp3 and possibly even
> > play mpegs from iso's
> >
> > I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

> others
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Soupladel
> >

> Toshiba 330. Nice player. Just bought one for my old dear and tested it
> tonight. 79.99 Amazon.

Yep good player, but can have problems with SVCD disks, and that was one of
his requirements so it may not be the player for him

huhha

Go to your Chinatown and try to find DVD player brands from China "Shinco"
or "Enzer". Not only they are cheap, but they have great features such as
karaoke and dual mic inputs. Most importantly, they are multi-region code
playable (unlike the brand names that comply strictly to a single region
system). The newer models from China plays even mpegs from iso discs. You
will get best bang for your pounds with these Chinese brands rather than
spending on Japs and European brands...

"Soupladel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B9lIb.2059$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What would everybody's suggestion for a good all round DVD player at 80
> approx be?
>
> I am looking for something that plays DVD-R, SVCD, mp3 and possibly even
> play mpegs from iso's
>
> I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

others

> Cheers
>
> Soupladel

kevin

or you can order a ronin dvd player from novatech.co.uk which plays all
files for only 44

news:(E-Mail Removed)...