Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > I LOVE OAR

I LOVE OAR

Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.

--
Brian "Demolition Man" Little
A reminder to the world....

Michael Walker

"Brian "Demolition Man" Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.

Yeah. I wish the premium channels DID NOT have any original series I liked
so I could cancel them FOR INTERRUPTING THE FRELLING MUSIC DURING MOVIE
CREDITS.

Eric R.

"Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.

Original audio track is the best too! Anyone who buys a DVD with a 5.1
track of a film that was originally in mono should be strung up by
their hands and beaten with a bamboo cane until they cry like a girl!

-Eric

Richard C.

"Brian "Demolition Man" Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.
:
=========
Amen!

Mischa van Dinter

On 29 Dec 2003 06:21:43 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Eric R.) wrote:

>"Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>> OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.

>Original audio track is the best too! Anyone who buys a DVD with a 5.1
>track of a film that was originally in mono should be strung up by
>their hands and beaten with a bamboo cane until they cry like a girl!
>
>-Eric

I would not go that far (and neither would you, really, I think), but
I also do not like it when the original audio is not available. That
goes for remixes, but even more so for dubs. Anyone who seriously
watches dubbed movies should be strapped to a chair and forced to
watch the "Krieg der Sterne", "Zurück in die Zukunft" and "Herr der
Ringe" trilogies back to back.

Mischa

Justin

Michael Walker wrote on [Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:23:12 -0600]:
> "Brian "Demolition Man" Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.

> Yeah. I wish the premium channels DID NOT have any original series I liked
> so I could cancel them FOR INTERRUPTING THE FRELLING MUSIC DURING MOVIE
> CREDITS.

It's simple. Cancel the premium channels and rent the DVDs when they
come out.

Eric R.

Mischa van Dinter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >Original audio track is the best too! Anyone who buys a DVD with a 5.1
> >track of a film that was originally in mono should be strung up by
> >their hands and beaten with a bamboo cane until they cry like a girl!
> >
> >-Eric

> I would not go that far (and neither would you, really, I think)

Hey, until you've had a bamboo caning, don't knock it.

> "Zurück in die Zukunft"

Hallo, McFly, ist jemand innen dort?

-Eric

Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Eric R.
<(E-Mail Removed)>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
> "Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>> OAR is the best. Anything else is unacceptable.

> Original audio track is the best too! Anyone who buys a DVD with a 5.1
> track of a film that was originally in mono should be strung up by
> their hands and beaten with a bamboo cane until they cry like a girl!

As long as the original mono is included then I'm fine with it. Also I've
heard quite a few 5.1 remixes that do indeed sound better than the
original mono mixes (Kubrick's "The Shining" is a BIG example).

--
Brian "Demolition Man" Little
A reminder to the world....
"Well, in my case, I get VCRs from the Goodwill thrift store that
allows a return in 7 days, that way I can ascertain the similar
components (or lift a fuse or belt for my own evil purposes)!" -Bill
Schwenke

Eric R.

"Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Also I've
> heard quite a few 5.1 remixes that do indeed sound better than the
> original mono mixes (Kubrick's "The Shining" is a BIG example).

Yeah, but they're not the original audio track for the theatrical
release. As far as I'm concerned, if you're demanding the original
aspect ratio and listening to a butchered soundtrack--then you're just
a ****ing hypocrite.

-Eric