Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > things you never in your wildest dreams...

things you never in your wildest dreams...

Vlvetmorning98

thought would come to R1.

for me, that would be the unbelievably strange TV series PINK LADY AND JEFF.

MR_ED_of_Course

in article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), Vlvetmorning98 at
(E-Mail Removed) wrote on 12/28/03 3:53 PM:

> thought would come to R1.
>
> for me, that would be the unbelievably strange TV series PINK LADY AND JEFF.

I never even thought I would ever hear that phrase again in my lifetime.
OMG, it's a friggin' box set!

Good catch...I've got to buy this.

Whatever happened to Pink "a" Lady?

Mark Spatny

Vlvetmorning98,(E-Mail Removed) says...

> for me, that would be the unbelievably strange TV series PINK LADY AND JEFF.

....considered by TV guide to be one of the 50 worst TV shows of all
time, right up there with Baby Bob.

Steve Hanson

Mark Spatny wrote in
<(E-Mail Removed) t>:

>Vlvetmorning98,(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>> for me, that would be the unbelievably strange TV series PINK LADY AND JEFF.

>...considered by TV guide to be one of the 50 worst TV shows of all
>time, right up there with Baby Bob.

Well who doesn't bow down before the critical acumen of TV Guide?

Mark Spatny

Steve Hanson,(E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> for me, that would be the unbelievably strange TV series PINK LADY AND JEFF.

> >...considered by TV guide to be one of the 50 worst TV shows of all
> >time, right up there with Baby Bob.

> Well who doesn't bow down before the critical acumen of TV Guide?

I'm not saying TV Guide is right or wrong, just mentioning a little bit
of trivia.

Derek Janssen

Mark Spatny wrote:

>>for me, that would be the unbelievably strange TV series PINK LADY AND JEFF.

> ...considered by TV guide to be one of the 50 worst TV shows of all
> time, right up there with Baby Bob.

But really, when you stop to look at it:
Didn't PL&J bear a more than frightening resemblance to the kind of
goofy over-the-top Japanese variety show (complete with desperate
straining-to-be-wacky male host) that American stars have to guest-star
on when *they* don't know the language?

....Figure we were just giving as goofy as we got.

Derek Janssen (and hey, this was *fifteen years* before Shonen Knife,
what did we know from idols?)
(E-Mail Removed)