Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > The Lounge > Christmas Day (2005)

Christmas Day (2005)

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

So post what happened on your christmas day

u can include pic's and so forth

Well i have a good morning i got up at 10 (very odd, because i normally get up early )

I got a new multimeter
A UPS (so u can stop bitching now mike )
The common, Clothes
And Some tools including 50 dollar screw drivers

I fitted in all the gear with my new screw drivers into the Robela Water Case and can i just say one thing, that case IS FKN HEAVY the case itself without the water cooler weighs more then my dog!!

heres some pictures

The age of UPS(UPS Power Supply), compared with your days and then the days of my dad (woot for 14v power supplys )

The tools of teh trade

The new TestBed which currently does not have a CPU or for that fact a video card, not to worry i am getting a x2 and using a pci (not pci-e) video card for it

Last edited by unholy; 12-25-2005 at 02:09 AM..

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

...you scored big time Unholy. Here I was thinking you had been bad all year long, and you go and surprise everyone. That UPS looks good, and even though it's hard to buy one when there is all that other stuff to stick into your machine, the UPS is so very important for long life. All of my machines (except for the laptops) have an UPS. We have too many power failures around here to take any chances.

Those tools will come in handy too. Do you already have a Dremel tool? You need one!

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

hehe thx al, cant imagion what the good ppl will get

i have a dremel,

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

I thought I was good, but, not much. cool haul dude.

It's still only 4am on Christmas morning here and I'm heading to bed soon, but we do most of our gift exchanging on Christmas Eve here. By far I'm more of a giver than a receiver. My family doesn't have a lot of money but I tend to try to go splurge crazy at Christmas. So my haul is rarely anything to brag about. Lets see...

From my mom: Some Blue Willow china (I collect the pattern, I like it because it's what my Grandparents used to have every Thanksgiving and Christmas and it brings back really happy memories for me so I started to collect it. Now I tend to get some every birthday or Christmas from someone). Consisting of salt & pepper shakers and a ladel. I know, b o r i n g to you guys. It's valuable stuff though, being original from Japan.

From my partner: A silk shirt and a collectable from the Harry Potter films, a wand. It's cool, I collect neat stuff like that, I know it sounds really goofy but oh well.

From my sister and Steve: a $50 gift certificate to the Longhorn steak restaurant.

From my Dad: Gun (the game) and a selection of cheeses, meats and candies.

That's all for now, probably more small things from the rest of my family tomorrow.

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

I got in aight, main thing was the $120 put in towards my new camera Was a bargain, $290AUD for a Pentax Optio S60 Also got an extra extra large sized bean bag with 200 litres of beans to fill it Got a book on Muscle Cars from my bro, Holden boxer shorts and a framed Holden V8 picture thing from my grandparents, a Family Guy poster with Stewie saying "GO TO HELL!" from my sister. Also got in my little bag of goodies 2 books I've been unable to find for ages, the Twister special edition DVD, and some candy Not a bad haul this year, lol. And my uncle, who is the area manager of EB Games, left about 15 PS2 games here, I can have them for free. We've got about 50 PS2 games from him for free Eyetoy Play 3, Drakengard, King Kong, and a whole bunch of other games too.

Last edited by XhArD; 12-25-2005 at 12:20 PM..

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

man ross did good

I wonder how al did , hey Modfather if i know what china your talking about my mum collects it

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Big Al's been a good boy too. I got a set of bath salts (I have a bath just about every morning to help my right wrist.), an emergency car light and mirror (The mirror is for seeing the hole of a spark plug at the back of my Grand Prix V-6), two Harley-Davidson (HD) hooks to hang coats on, a HD clock, an HD wallet, a book on HD motorcycles, an HD cap, a pair of heated motorcycle gloves (each uses a D cell battery), a bottle of Starbucks liqueur, THREE BOTTLES of CHOW CHOW (Have you guys tried this stuff? Great on lunch meats.), and two boxes of fruit candies (Fruit Delights and Aplets & Cotlets). We are waiting for my wife's brother to come over, and then we'll open a few more presents from him and her parents. Not bad for a bad boy, eh?

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

Lol, lots of Harley stuff aye. Got a photo of most of my stuff, but it's kinda hard to get a photo of the camera that I'm using to take these photos I could use a mirror, but why bother?

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

The picture looks good. So you did get lots of books. As you said, it's hard to get a picture of the camera. At least now you can submit some good shots of your machine for the New Year's screensaver!!!

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

Yay! Too bad it still looks like crap, even in a good photo Nah, it's looking a tiny little bit better because of the red LED fan i got from Unholy. the problem is, the light in this room is REALLY dim at the best of times, so even with the camera flash, I get a fair bit of photo noise Even on high sensitivity, it gets a lot of discolouration I'll take another stab at getting a low noise photo of my computer, but I dunno if I'll be able to get one