Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > What you got for Xmas!

What you got for Xmas!

Robert Morgan

>Well, at least SOMEBODY got less than my lonely copy of Stripes. But hey, I
>did
>want it and it's anamorphic widescreen (on one side).

I thought I was also only going to get one DVD this season (The Adventures of
Ford Fairlane, oddly enough, though it's a nice treat since (1) I wanted it for
the "Cradle of Love" video and (2) it wasn't something I'd have picked up
myself), but my mom surprised me with the first season of the Simpsons. I know
it's been out for a while, but what with tuition costs, I've not been able to
plunk down the money on DVDs for a while.

Oh, and my mom also surprised me with some help for tuition in spring. Yay!
Maybe I'll be able to afford to buy another Simpsons set this year.

Peter

I didn't get many DVD's this year..

I did recieve

Simpsons Season 3
Family Guy Vol 1 (Seasons 1 and 2)

Most movies that come to DVD, I pick up almost immediately.

--
Please help stop Forced Trailers on DVD's
Please sign the Petition at

Bob Bohling

> What did you get?
>
> --

Casablanca
Dark Passage
To Have and Have Not
Treasure of Sierra Madre
Doctor Zivago
Ghost and Mr. Chicken
Sleeping Beauty SE (Disney)

Wife
Breakfast At Tiffany's
Wizard of Oz

PW

Alien Quadrilogy

James Bond Box Set #2

Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
(my brother tracked that one down for me)

and the Big Fish soundtrack.
(Not a DVD I know, but it's another good
Elfman/Burton collaboration)

PW

Brent Wilkins

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:33:35 GMT, Modemac <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What did you get?

Xena Season 1 with the BB bonus DVD
Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo
Heart Of Dragon
Eastern Condors
Doctor Who: Talons Of Weng Chiang
Ben Stiller Show
Hong kong 1941
Titan AE
Dog Soldiers
Duel To THe Death
A bunch of the Cascadia DVDs that K-Mart had the day after
Thanksgiving for $2 each

Then bought with giftcards for Borders:
They Might Be Giants: Direct From Brooklyn
Tenacious D: The Complete Masterworks
The Beginning Of The End
Joe Bob Briggs Presents Jesse James Meets Frankenstiens Daughter
THe Retromedia Drive-In Collection (King Dinosaur & Bride And THe
Beast)

And who knows what I'll get today for my birthday

>--
> First Online Church of "Bob"
> http://www.modemac.com/

Has the Church of the Subgenius started issuing the old tapes on DVD?

amelrob@aol.com

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:53:21 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Brent Wilkins)
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:33:35 GMT, Modemac <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>What did you get?
>>

>Xena Season 1 with the BB bonus DVD
>Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo
>Heart Of Dragon
>Eastern Condors
>Doctor Who: Talons Of Weng Chiang
>Ben Stiller Show
>Hong kong 1941
>Titan AE
>Dog Soldiers
>Duel To THe Death
>A bunch of the Cascadia DVDs that K-Mart had the day after
>Thanksgiving for $2 each
>

>Then bought with giftcards for Borders:
>They Might Be Giants: Direct From Brooklyn
>Tenacious D: The Complete Masterworks
>The Beginning Of The End
>Joe Bob Briggs Presents Jesse James Meets Frankenstiens Daughter
>THe Retromedia Drive-In Collection (King Dinosaur & Bride And THe
>Beast)
>
>And who knows what I'll get today for my birthday
>
>>--
>> First Online Church of "Bob"
>> http://www.modemac.com/
>>

>Has the Church of the Subgenius started issuing the old tapes on DVD?

In other words, all of you that replied to this message got Venereal
Disease for Christmas, if you didn't already have it before.
I suggest you all burn those things, then go see doctor.

I remember when Christmas was a "clean" holiday with family values!!!

Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Modemac
<(E-Mail Removed)>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
> What did you get?

Well.. since you asked....

- A leather coat
- Some workout pants and jacket
- Another workout pants
- A geese sweater (finally after 23 years I get the dreaded
sweater that I'll never wear and will sit in my closet for many
years until one day 30 years from now I find it and donate it
to "Goodwill" lol)
- A gigantic talking stuffed Tigger
- "Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time" XBox
- $50 in cash

Then I got myself...

- Pink Floyd: "Piper At The Gates Of Dawn" CD
- Pink Floyd: "The Wall Earls Court & Nassau" DVD-R Bootleg
- Retro Gaming Radio Archive Collection
- Bob Dylan: "Blood On The Tracks" CD/SACD Hybrid
- Aerosmith: "Toys In The Attic" SACD

--
Brian "Demolition Man" Little
A reminder to the world....

Modemac

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:53:21 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Brent Wilkins)
wrote:
>Has the Church of the Subgenius started issuing the old tapes on DVD?

As a matter of fact: THEY HAVE!

Check out the SubGenius DVD section of their official Sacred Goods
Catalog:

http://www.subgenius.com/scatalog/video.htm

--
First Online Church of "Bob"