Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Daewoo DV-500

Daewoo DV-500

Hans de Zwart

I am thinking of buying a Daewoo DV-500 in the Netherlands and using
it in the United States. I know I will need to change the region but
don't know how.
Does anybody have any thoughts/advice on this?
Also will PAL en NCTS (or whatever order of letters the last one is)
be a problem?

Jeff

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Hans de Zwart) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I am thinking of buying a Daewoo DV-500 in the Netherlands and using
> it in the United States. I know I will need to change the region but
> don't know how.

The DV-500 is supposed to be multi-region. There should be instructions
for changing it in the manual.

> Does anybody have any thoughts/advice on this?
> Also will PAL en NCTS (or whatever order of letters the last one is)
> be a problem?

Yes PAL - NTSC will be a problem. Also the voltage differences between
U.S. and Europe. It would be better to wait until you get here to buy a
reasonably priced player.