Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Seinfeld cast boycotts DVD

Seinfeld cast boycotts DVD

Mike McGee

It looks like money will make Michael Richards, Jason Alexander and
Julia Louis-Dreyfus from contributing to the upcoming Seinfeld DVDs.

"The New York Times reported Tuesday that Michael Richards (who played
Kramer), Jason Alexander (who played George) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus
(who played Elaine), declined to give on-camera interviews for the DVD
set or otherwise participate in the project because they are not being
offered a share of the sales, only a recording fee.

"They all said, 'Why should we make other people richer,'" said a
representative of one of the actors to the Times."

Here's the full article link:
http://www.thedigitalreview.com/foru...=&threadid=523

--
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Mike McGee

yachtboy!

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:22:12 GMT, Mike McGee
<admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com> wrote:

>It looks like money will make Michael Richards, Jason Alexander and
>Julia Louis-Dreyfus from contributing to the upcoming Seinfeld DVDs.
>

>"The New York Times reported Tuesday that Michael Richards (who played
>Kramer), Jason Alexander (who played George) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus
>(who played Elaine), declined to give on-camera interviews for the DVD
>set or otherwise participate in the project because they are not being
>offered a share of the sales, only a recording fee.
>
>"They all said, 'Why should we make other people richer,'" said a
>representative of one of the actors to the Times."
>

>Here's the full article link:
>http://www.thedigitalreview.com/foru...=&threadid=523

I wish I could make $100,000 just talking about a job I used to
have.....
==========
"Being diabetic is alot like having an un-invited
guest at a picnic, who keeps pointing out the potato
salad may have gone bad."--W.B. Willis

"Destiny has a strange sense of humor..." K. Honeycutt
----------
http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe
http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe/psychedelic.htm
http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe/slinkypage.html

"He not busy being born is busy dying..." B. Dylan

=======================

Cernovog

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:22:12 -0500, Mike McGee wrote
(in message <231220030922113889%admin@_removenospam_thedigital review.com>):

> "They all said, 'Why should we make other people richer,'" said a
> representative of one of the actors to the Times."

They certainly didn't enrich our lives with their performances, why start
now?

Windbag1000

>> "They all said, 'Why should we make other people richer,'" said a
>> representative of one of the actors to the Times."

>They certainly didn't enrich our lives with their performances, why start
>now?

Greed

JWB

"yachtboy!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:22:12 GMT, Mike McGee
> <admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com> wrote:
>
> >It looks like money will make Michael Richards, Jason Alexander and
> >Julia Louis-Dreyfus from contributing to the upcoming Seinfeld DVDs.
> >

> >"The New York Times reported Tuesday that Michael Richards (who played
> >Kramer), Jason Alexander (who played George) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus
> >(who played Elaine), declined to give on-camera interviews for the DVD
> >set or otherwise participate in the project because they are not being
> >offered a share of the sales, only a recording fee.
> >
> >"They all said, 'Why should we make other people richer,'" said a
> >representative of one of the actors to the Times."
> >

> >Here's the full article link:
> >http://www.thedigitalreview.com/foru...=&threadid=523

> I wish I could make $100,000 just talking about a job I used to
> have.....

But would you take $100 for several hours in front of the camera, knowing
your employer would then make thousands off of your efforts?

I don't blame them one bit.

Grand Inquisitor

JWB wrote:
> But would you take $100 for several hours in front of the camera, knowing
> your employer would then make thousands off of your efforts?
>
> I don't blame them one bit.

I would have done it for free, in their place. I think it's ungrateful,
considering that they're all millionaires thanks to that show. When
you're working in the arts, money can't always be the primary
consideration--and I'm a conservative! These people (Dreyfuss at least)
are liberals, they're supposed to be above "petty" commercial concerns.
Limousine liberalism at its best.

and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor

JWB

"Grand Inquisitor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:X42Gb.10504$(E-Mail Removed)...
> JWB wrote:
> > But would you take $100 for several hours in front of the camera,

knowing
> > your employer would then make thousands off of your efforts?
> >
> > I don't blame them one bit.
> >

> I would have done it for free, in their place. I think it's ungrateful,
> considering that they're all millionaires thanks to that show.

So, going by that logic, anybody who already earned a pile of money doing
something shouldn't be paid again? Maybe big movie stars should work for
free from now on (hey, they already made millions thanks to the movie
business). Sports stars too.

When
> you're working in the arts, money can't always be the primary
> consideration--and I'm a conservative! These people (Dreyfuss at least)
> are liberals, they're supposed to be above "petty" commercial concerns.
> Limousine liberalism at its best.

why is everyone expects rich people to work for free? Sorry, if I were them,
I'd demand a piece of the sales too. They *know* Jerry and Larry will make
millions off of the DVD. Why should they do just as much work for WAY less?

TSKO

Good for them IMO........the show was not all Jerry.....may have been his
baby somewhat....but why should they lend their time and effort only to make
Jerry richer....they all deserve equal parts of the pie..

"Mike McGee" <admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com> wrote in message
news:231220030922113889%admin@_removenospam_thedig italreview.com...
> It looks like money will make Michael Richards, Jason Alexander and
> Julia Louis-Dreyfus from contributing to the upcoming Seinfeld DVDs.
>

> "The New York Times reported Tuesday that Michael Richards (who played
> Kramer), Jason Alexander (who played George) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus
> (who played Elaine), declined to give on-camera interviews for the DVD
> set or otherwise participate in the project because they are not being
> offered a share of the sales, only a recording fee.
>
> "They all said, 'Why should we make other people richer,'" said a
> representative of one of the actors to the Times."
>

> Here's the full article link:
> http://www.thedigitalreview.com/foru...=&threadid=523
>
> --
> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> Mike McGee
> Webmaster, The Digital Review
> http://www.thedigitalreview.com

Wade365

Who really gives a **** what these people think after the fact? I might
actually want to hear what Larry David has to say, or the writers because
they're the ones who came up with it all... but as good as their delivery is
and as much as I enjoyed the show, I learned my lesson with the "Vacation" DVD
when it comes to the stars giving commentary -

(Chevy prattles on)"... and... uuhhhh... here, is the... uh... I guess this is
the point in the show... oh, yeah... I remember this now... sure..."
(Randy Quaid snorts in his sleep)

Stars aren't their characters, which is why Collin Ferrell is such a complete
rockhead and yet his movie personae can navigate computers and out-wit
criminals; In real life I bet he can't make it through a room without bruising
his shins on the furniture.

The show is all I need... that's why I want the DVDs. If I want to hear Julia's
views I'll pick up a copy of Redbook magazine.

Now get on with issuing it, already!

Rogers News

season 1 sucked, plus I can see the show 5 times a day in rotating
syndication. ****em all!
"Mike McGee" <admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com> wrote in message
news:231220030922113889%admin@_removenospam_thedig italreview.com...
> It looks like money will make Michael Richards, Jason Alexander and
> Julia Louis-Dreyfus from contributing to the upcoming Seinfeld DVDs.
>

> "The New York Times reported Tuesday that Michael Richards (who played
> Kramer), Jason Alexander (who played George) and Julia Louis-Dreyfus
> (who played Elaine), declined to give on-camera interviews for the DVD
> set or otherwise participate in the project because they are not being
> offered a share of the sales, only a recording fee.
>
> "They all said, 'Why should we make other people richer,'" said a
> representative of one of the actors to the Times."
>

> Here's the full article link:
> http://www.thedigitalreview.com/foru...=&threadid=523
>
> --
> Mike McGee
> Webmaster, The Digital Review
> http://www.thedigitalreview.com

DVD Verdict reviews: SEINFELD: SEASON FIVE, SEINFELD: SEASON SIX, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 02-15-2006 10:04 AM
Seinfeld dvd? JWB DVD Video 3 11-25-2004 10:18 AM
Seinfeld, First 3 Seasons on DVD, Nov. 23! Mike McGee DVD Video 15 09-11-2004 02:19 PM
seinfeld on dvd NOMAD205 DVD Video 3 07-12-2004 03:56 AM
Will Seinfeld ever come to DVD Angry Gamer DVD Video 27 02-02-2004 01:38 PM

Advertisments