Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Claire Danes in Terminator 3

Claire Danes in Terminator 3

goldfgn@telus.net

Is that really Claire Danes in T3 as Kate Brewster? I kept asking
myself this question after watching T3 in theatre last summer. Claire
was one of the starlets of Hollywood 5 years ago when she starred in
Romeo and Juliet and it's a shame how she turns out 8 years after.

It looks like she aged 20 years in the last 8 years.

Peter Briggs

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is that really Claire Danes in T3 as Kate Brewster?

No. It's a digital replication. The real Claire Danes has finesse.
The tacky version in this movie was clearly operating under a limited
"Massive" licence from WETA studios.

Couldn't you tell...?

SBFan2000

she has done quite bit since Romeo and Juliet, including college. She did 2
or 3 movies in 97, 2 in 98, 2 in 99 and I think 3 in 2000! They including
Rainmaker, Mod Squad, U Turn, The hours, and It's all about love. Most of
this was balance with college.

As for her aging?? I certain won't throw her out of bed for eating
crackers!

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is that really Claire Danes in T3 as Kate Brewster? I kept asking
> myself this question after watching T3 in theatre last summer. Claire
> was one of the starlets of Hollywood 5 years ago when she starred in
> Romeo and Juliet and it's a shame how she turns out 8 years after.
>
> It looks like she aged 20 years in the last 8 years.

Nonymous

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is that really Claire Danes in T3 as Kate Brewster? I kept asking
> > myself this question after watching T3 in theatre last summer. Claire
> > was one of the starlets of Hollywood 5 years ago when she starred in
> > Romeo and Juliet and it's a shame how she turns out 8 years after.
> >
> > It looks like she aged 20 years in the last 8 years.

How do you expect her to look when she's being chased by T's and things are
exploding all around her? I know *I'd* look pretty shabby. I remember
seeing her in some talkshow interviews when T3 opened and I thought she
looked great.

"SBFan2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> she has done quite bit since Romeo and Juliet, including college. She did

2
> or 3 movies in 97, 2 in 98, 2 in 99 and I think 3 in 2000! They including
> Rainmaker, Mod Squad, U Turn, The hours, and It's all about love. Most of
> this was balance with college.

I thought when I saw her on Conan and Kilborn that she seemed pretty down to
earth and actually was a darn funny person. Not all 'Hollywoodish' like
many other young stars. College did the girl good.

Steve Hanson

Nonymous wrote in <(E-Mail Removed)>:

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Is that really Claire Danes in T3 as Kate Brewster? I kept asking
>> > myself this question after watching T3 in theatre last summer. Claire
>> > was one of the starlets of Hollywood 5 years ago when she starred in
>> > Romeo and Juliet and it's a shame how she turns out 8 years after.
>> >
>> > It looks like she aged 20 years in the last 8 years.

>How do you expect her to look when she's being chased by T's and things are
>exploding all around her? I know *I'd* look pretty shabby. I remember
>seeing her in some talkshow interviews when T3 opened and I thought she
>looked great.

If by "great" you mean the flesh on her body was struggling to hang on
for dear life, I agree.

>"SBFan2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> she has done quite bit since Romeo and Juliet, including college. She did

>2
>> or 3 movies in 97, 2 in 98, 2 in 99 and I think 3 in 2000! They including
>> Rainmaker, Mod Squad, U Turn, The hours, and It's all about love. Most of
>> this was balance with college.

>I thought when I saw her on Conan and Kilborn that she seemed pretty down to
>earth and actually was a darn funny person. Not all 'Hollywoodish' like
>many other young stars. College did the girl good.

That and heroin, apparently.