Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > I Need a Multi Region Portable DVD Player

I Need a Multi Region Portable DVD Player

Tim

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a portable DVD player (one with an integral
screen, for use on planes, trains and the like).

It needs to be multi region and have at least 3 hours playback.

Any recommendations? I am from the UK, but am currently in the US,
and the prices of portable DVD players here is amazing (many below
$200). But they rarely say if they are multi region or not.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Tim

luminos

I can assure you the US ones are 90% not multiregion. See www.dvdrhelp.com

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking to buy a portable DVD player (one with an integral
> screen, for use on planes, trains and the like).
>
> It needs to be multi region and have at least 3 hours playback.
>
> Any recommendations? I am from the UK, but am currently in the US,
> and the prices of portable DVD players here is amazing (many below
> $200). But they rarely say if they are multi region or not.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts,
> Tim

richie

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking to buy a portable DVD player (one with an integral
> screen, for use on planes, trains and the like).
>
> It needs to be multi region and have at least 3 hours playback.
>
> Any recommendations? I am from the UK, but am currently in the US,
> and the prices of portable DVD players here is amazing (many below
> $200). But they rarely say if they are multi region or not.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts,
> Tim

My wife has bought me ne of these for Xmas
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?ARR-PORTDV

It's a re-badged Cyberhome LDV710. Easily hackable via the remote and plays
everything!