Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > "SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW" - Trailer!!!

"SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW" - Trailer!!!

J. Alfred Prufrock

Any of you guys seen this trailer yet???

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramo...ain_large.html

Looks like it is not yet finished as music is from"STARGATE SG-1"

J. Alfred Prufrock

Official title is now "The World of Tomorrow" according to IMDB and here is plot summary:

Set in New York City circa 1939, the film centers on a reporter who notices that the world's scientists are disappearing.
Teamed with a skilled pilot and an adventurous colleague, it's up to her to thwart the plans of a mad scientist bent on world domination.

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:55:24 -0600, J. Alfred Prufrock <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Any of you guys seen this trailer yet???
>
>http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramo...ain_large.html
>
>Looks like it is not yet finished as music is from"STARGATE SG-1"

Peter Briggs

J. Alfred Prufrock <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Official title is now "The World of Tomorrow" according to IMDB and here
> is plot summary:
>
> Set in New York City circa 1939, the film centers on a reporter who
> notices that the world's scientists are disappearing. Teamed with a
> skilled pilot and an adventurous colleague, it's up to her to thwart the
> plans of a mad scientist bent on world domination.

This thing's been ****ing me off for a year or so, as it's exactly the
kind of thing I float by studios, and they look at me like I'm insane.

I hope these guys don't drop the ball with it...

Wade365

<< This thing's been ****ing me off for a year or so, as it's exactly the
kind of thing I float by studios, and they look at me like I'm insane. >>

I feel the same way about velcro.

Tallulah Blanket

J. Alfred Prufrock wrote:
> Any of you guys seen this trailer yet???

Yes, it looks like crap. What kind of film has dialogue like "Oh, my
God" anymore? And the Nazi allegory is somewhat ironic.

Peter Briggs

Tallulah Blanket <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yes, it looks like crap. What kind of film has dialogue like "Oh, my
> God" anymore?

Any documentary about 9-11, or anything depicting real life?

John Savard

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:46:03 +0000,
pete@DIESPAMDIE!cinescribe.demon.co.uk (Peter Briggs) wrote, in part:

>This thing's been ****ing me off for a year or so, as it's exactly the
>kind of thing I float by studios, and they look at me like I'm insane.

Well, of course. Everybody knows that only Spielberg and Lucas can get
away with this kind of thing.

John Savard

Peter Briggs

John Savard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Well, of course. Everybody knows that only Spielberg and Lucas can get
> away with this kind of thing.

I hope the FX look better in the finished film than they do in the
trailer, though. I'm a sucker for "Rocketeer"-esque retro sci-fi.

Jay G

"J. Alfred Prufrock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ...
> Any of you guys seen this trailer yet???

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramo...ain_large.html

> Looks like it is not yet finished as music is from"STARGATE SG-1"

Pretty much every trailer uses music from some other source.
That's because most of the time trailers are edited together
before the actual film is, and the score for a film isn't recorded
until the film is in it's final edit. It's pretty much the last thing
done on a film.

This is also the reason why trailers often feature footage that
isn't in the final film, because the trailer was edited using
existing footage, before the final cut of the film was made.

-Jay

Joshua Zyber

Is the title really "Sky Captain and... " now? How lame. Were they
afraid of audience confusion with Roland Emmerich's impending flop The
Day After Tomorrow?