Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > LOTR and movie titles

LOTR and movie titles

Mark W

I am so glad that LOTR was not made during the period when movies had to be
called
'William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet' or
'Bram Stoker's Dracula' or
'Mary Shelley's Frankenstein'

Imagine 'JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings'

JR

I would say that there would be no discrepancy about whose LOTR it was so
there was no need for it

I would think that Baz used WS's name becaue whe wanted to show that they
used the classic dialogue, FFC used BS's name inorder to seperate it from
the other Dracula's, like the version of The Puppet Master's with Heinlein's
name in front of it, just to distinguish it.

Branagh used Mary Shelly's name, i would say as well just to seperate his
story from the rest, and show he was trying to keep it similar to the
original text, or somewhat close anyways

just my thoughts

"Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am so glad that LOTR was not made during the period when movies had to

be
> called
> 'William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet' or
> 'Bram Stoker's Dracula' or
> 'Mary Shelley's Frankenstein'
>
> Imagine 'JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings'

Aphelion

> Imagine 'JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings'

The onscreen title for the Ralph Bakshi flick is exactly that.

Aphelion

Jeeters

"Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am so glad that LOTR was not made during the period when movies had to

be
> called
> 'William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet' or
> 'Bram Stoker's Dracula' or
> 'Mary Shelley's Frankenstein'
>
> Imagine 'JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings'

The idea of using the authors' names is to express the fact that the movies
are trying to adhere closely to the original text and/or plot of the story
and are not just 'themed' a la some 1960's B-movie christopher lee version.

Movie Titles foghat9 DVD Video 0 01-09-2005 02:48 AM
LOTR Jim Scott Computer Support 4 12-29-2004 12:29 PM
Indiana Jones and LOTR DVDs FREE tonight DVD Guy DVD Video 0 11-04-2003 11:35 PM
Re: oooh baby, got simpsons #3 AND LOTR:TTT in the mail today ThorCromer DVD Video 0 08-21-2003 09:58 PM
LOTR - The Two Towers (On DVD) John R. Baker Computer Support 0 07-13-2003 08:41 AM

Advertisments