Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Fun with DVD burner? + questions...

Fun with DVD burner? + questions...

Cathy De Viney

http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php

RE: NERO

Chose DVD-Video, check ISO 9660, drag the files from DVDShrink to the
VIDEO-TS folder created by Nero (bottom left corner of your screen), burn.

Could the problem be your media? I have used Beall, Optodisc (blue label),
and Ritek G03 (all General, rated 1X, but burn at 2X on my Sony). What have
you tried? I have read that some DVD players won't play DVDs burned at 4X.

They play fine on:
Apex 1500, Apex 5131, Panasonic S35, Panasonic E80.

What DVD player do you use? If it is really old maybe id won't ply burned
DVDs.

"smid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Cathy De Viney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > DVDShrink + Nero
> > or
> > DVDShrink + ImgToolBurn
> > or
> > AnyDVD + CloneDVD
> >
> > Do your research... www.dvdrhelp.com

> Ive been trying to do this, but its not the DVD Shrink I have problem, its
> putting the files back onto the dvd using Nero (6). Do I have to use the
> reencode stuff or something? I tried sticking all the ripped files into

the
> video_ts directory and the dvd player just barfed it...
>
> Any specific guides for shrink and nero? Or just the nero bit when you

have
> VTS_xx.VOB etc?
>
> Smid

james

not to teach my granny to suck eggs but.

The VIDOE_TS file must be in uppercase and the _ is not a -

I spent ages falling over this little obstacle.

"Cathy De Viney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php
>
> RE: NERO
>
> Chose DVD-Video, check ISO 9660, drag the files from DVDShrink to the
> VIDEO-TS folder created by Nero (bottom left corner of your screen), burn.
>
> Could the problem be your media? I have used Beall, Optodisc (blue

label),
> and Ritek G03 (all General, rated 1X, but burn at 2X on my Sony). What

have
> you tried? I have read that some DVD players won't play DVDs burned at

4X.

> They play fine on:
> Apex 1500, Apex 5131, Panasonic S35, Panasonic E80.
>
> What DVD player do you use? If it is really old maybe id won't ply burned
> DVDs.
>
> "smid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > "Cathy De Viney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > > DVDShrink + Nero
> > > or
> > > DVDShrink + ImgToolBurn
> > > or
> > > AnyDVD + CloneDVD
> > >
> > > Do your research... www.dvdrhelp.com

> > Ive been trying to do this, but its not the DVD Shrink I have problem,

its
> > putting the files back onto the dvd using Nero (6). Do I have to use the
> > reencode stuff or something? I tried sticking all the ripped files into

> the
> > video_ts directory and the dvd player just barfed it...
> >
> > Any specific guides for shrink and nero? Or just the nero bit when you

> have
> > VTS_xx.VOB etc?
> >
> > Smid

Cathy De Viney

And be sure to type VIDEO_TS...

not VIDOE_TS

"james" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:k_kFb.7843$(E-Mail Removed)...
> not to teach my granny to suck eggs but.
>
> The VIDOE_TS file must be in uppercase and the _ is not a -
>
> I spent ages falling over this little obstacle.
>

> "Cathy De Viney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php
> >
> > RE: NERO
> >
> > Chose DVD-Video, check ISO 9660, drag the files from DVDShrink to the
> > VIDEO-TS folder created by Nero (bottom left corner of your screen),

burn.

> > Could the problem be your media? I have used Beall, Optodisc (blue

> label),
> > and Ritek G03 (all General, rated 1X, but burn at 2X on my Sony). What

> have
> > you tried? I have read that some DVD players won't play DVDs burned at

> 4X.
> >
> > They play fine on:
> > Apex 1500, Apex 5131, Panasonic S35, Panasonic E80.
> >
> > What DVD player do you use? If it is really old maybe id won't ply

burned
> > DVDs.
> >
> > "smid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > "Cathy De Viney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> > > Ive been trying to do this, but its not the DVD Shrink I have problem,

> its
> > > putting the files back onto the dvd using Nero (6). Do I have to use

the
> > > reencode stuff or something? I tried sticking all the ripped files

into
> > the
> > > video_ts directory and the dvd player just barfed it...
> > >
> > > Any specific guides for shrink and nero? Or just the nero bit when you

> > have
> > > VTS_xx.VOB etc?
> > >
> > > Smid

james