Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Phantasm: Why the gap?

Phantasm: Why the gap?

Wade365

Why are there no DVD releases of "Pnatasm II" or "III" (besides the fact that
they're not the strongest of the series, of course) but instead they went right
to "IV: Oblivion"?

Ollie T

I always liked Phantasm II. I think the series fell apart with III and
later. I would like to see them on DVD as well.

HDTV games lists and discussion
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

"Wade365" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why are there no DVD releases of "Pnatasm II" or "III" (besides the fact

that
> they're not the strongest of the series, of course) but instead they went

right
> to "IV: Oblivion"?

Wade365

<< Why are there no DVD releases of "Pnatasm II" or "III" (besides the fact
that
> they're not the strongest of the series, of course) but instead they went

right
> to "IV: Oblivion"?

....Uh, because IV wasn't a Universal disk? >>

So then why have they not issued the other two? I realize that studios which
own different properties can release on different schedules without
consideration for the big picture, but I was essentially wondering why "II" or
"III" haven't seen DVD yet without adding in the ownership (unless as was the
case with "From Beyond" etc. where the rites are tied up in a nightmare limbo
never to see the light of day).

Derek Janssen

Wade365 wrote:
> Why are there no DVD releases of "Pnatasm II" or "III" (besides the fact that
> they're not the strongest of the series, of course) but instead they went right
> to "IV: Oblivion"?

....Uh, because IV wasn't a Universal disk?

Derek Janssen (y'know, it's easy, you can just say "Universal", and that
explains ANY problem)

ThePunisher

Wade365 wrote:
> Why are there no DVD releases of "Pnatasm II" or "III" (besides the
> fact that they're not the strongest of the series, of course) but
> instead they went right to "IV: Oblivion"?

Wasn't there? (as I look up at my Phantasm I, II,and III boxset)

--
ThePunisher

Chap with the wings there, put 5 rounds in him.

Wade365

<< Wasn't there? (as I look up at my Phantasm I, II,and III boxset) >>

What kind of a playground taunt is this? How about sharing a little of that
Masonic information instead of "I've Got Mine" fanboy bullshit?

ThePunisher

Wade365 wrote:
> << Wasn't there? (as I look up at my Phantasm I, II,and III boxset) >>
>
> What kind of a playground taunt is this? How about sharing a little
> of that Masonic information instead of "I've Got Mine" fanboy
> bullshit?

Try looking outside you country, there is a far bigger world out there.

--
ThePunisher

Chap with the wings there, put 5 rounds in him.

Wade365

<< Try looking outside you country, there is a far bigger world out there. >>

You're the sort that gives fandom and newsgroups a bad name... now toddle off
to your tea pot and leave the rest of us to have grown-up talk time, ok?

DRO

Wade365 wrote:

> Why are there no DVD releases of "Pnatasm II" or "III" (besides the fact that
> they're not the strongest of the series, of course) but instead they went right
> to "IV: Oblivion"?

Phantasm 2 and 3 are available from amazon uk, (reg 2 pal) if you have a multi
region multi format player, and they aren't that expensive or hard to get (Players
that is)

Wade365

<< Phantasm 2 and 3 are available from amazon uk, (reg 2 pal) if you have a
multi
region multi format player, and they aren't that expensive or hard to get
(Players
that is) >>

I am region-free, so thanks for the tip... finally, someone who offers a little
more than gradeshcool response!

Tell me, what are the basic parameters of the discs in question, are they
anamorphic? Any extras?