Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > GIGLI: No Extras!

GIGLI: No Extras!

Sydney Assbasket

Okay, a friend and I actually rented Gigli last night and we turned it off
before finishing it. Every scene is stretched out too long. For example, when
Jennifer Lopez is at the door, she and Ben Affleck stand there talking for a
minute before she enters the apartment. I don't have any idea what the movie
is about because I was so bored.

What's funny is that they put widescreen and 4:3 versions of the film on the
DVD. I bet the people who did the transfer quit after having to sit through it
so many times.

Remove "moc" to reply.

When toy shopping, look for the Joe Mantegna Seal Of Safety. It's your only
guarantee that the toy has been deemed safe by Joe Mantegna.

Scot Gardner

"Sydney Assbasket " <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<<Okay, a friend and I actually rented Gigli last night and we turned it
off before finishing it. Every scene is stretched out too long. For
example, when Jennifer Lopez is at the door, she and Ben Affleck stand
there talking for a minute before she enters the apartment. I don't
have any idea what the movie is about because I was so bored.>>

<<What's funny is that they put widescreen and 4:3 versions of the film
on the DVD. I bet the people who did the transfer quit after having to
sit through it so many times.>>

And did you notice that _Gigli_ doesn't have a soundtrack? All it has is
that horrible, repetitious, synthesized garbage playing in the
background.

I must admit that I scanned through the last half hour of this piece of
**** because I just couldn't stand any more.

It's going to be hard to find another movie as awful as this one.

Mike Jackson

> Okay, a friend and I actually rented Gigli last night and we turned it off
> before finishing it. Every scene is stretched out too long. For example,

when
> Jennifer Lopez is at the door, she and Ben Affleck stand there talking for

> minute before she enters the apartment. I don't have any idea what the

movie
> is about because I was so bored.

I think you just described every Martin Brest movie, except maybe "Beverly
Hills Cop." "Meet Joe Black" would've been about 90 minutes long if all the
boring stretching-out techniques had hit the cutting room floor.

Mike Jackson
Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com

Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Scot Gardner
<(E-Mail Removed)>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
> Instead of giving the DVD buyer valuable extras, Columbia has tied up
> half of the _Gigli_ disk capacity with a bastardized, narrowscreen
> version of the movie.

Actually, that's a good thing. The people who watch that version
are only seeing 50% of this trainwreck instead of all of it.

--
Brian "Demolition Man" Little
A reminder to the world....

Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU Shane
<(E-Mail Removed)>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is Pink?"
> "Scot Gardner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:20031217221614.681$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It's pronounced Gigli.

> Sure. And Benoit is pronounced Benoit or Ben-wha, take your pick.

Personally I prefer Flemwhad.