Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Idle Hands - Misprint?

Idle Hands - Misprint?

Shinner

Ya'll,

Ordered "Idle Hands" from Columbia House trying to fill my requirement. CH
website stated it to be WS & FS on same disc. Came today, back of box says
FS only. Put it in the player, looks like FS to me, certainly no option of
playing either FS or WS versions.

Have it in DVD Profiler which also lists it as FS & WS. Looking at the
cover images it looks like it has info to confirm this, whereas the back
cover of the box I received clearly says FS only.

What's the scoop? Is CH trying to unload FS editions? I did only pay $9.99
and it counted towards fulfillment, but they did list it as having WS as
well as FS. I wouldn't have bought it if it were FS only.

Looked on DVD Pricesearch, they only show 1 release and list is as WS/FS,
so how does CH come by a FS only release?

Have an email into them asking that I be allowed to return it. Of course I
opened it thinking the back cover must have been a misprint since all other
sources listed it as having WS. The bastards better not hold that against
me.

Darrel Christenson

Shinner wrote:

> Ordered "Idle Hands" from Columbia House trying to fill my requirement. CH
> website stated it to be WS & FS on same disc. Came today, back of box says
> FS only. Put it in the player, looks like FS to me, certainly no option of
> playing either FS or WS versions.

I have this movie, the back of the box says it has both
version one on each side of the disc and each side of the
disc is indeed labled Full Screen on one side and Wide
Screen on another.

It could have either been a misprint in their flyer when
they thought they had the double sided items, or they
may have multiple editions and some warehouse drone
just grabbed the wrong item when packing your box.

Darrel

Shinner

Darrel Christenson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> I have this movie, the back of the box says it has both
> version one on each side of the disc and each side of the
> disc is indeed labled Full Screen on one side and Wide
> Screen on another.
>
> It could have either been a misprint in their flyer when
> they thought they had the double sided items, or they
> may have multiple editions and some warehouse drone
> just grabbed the wrong item when packing your box.

Thanks for the info...interesting, the disc I received is only 1-sided. The
other side is printed with a graphic of the movie cover.

They're getting it back and have to either give me credit or ship out the
right one.

Darrel Christenson

Shinner wrote:

> They're getting it back and have to either give me credit or ship out the
> right one.

I agree with you, but again it could have been a minor
printing error or some dufus grabbing the wrong item
so I'd give them the chance to verify they have the
correct one in stock and do a trade.

And congrats on a great movie selection, that one's
always good for endless chuckles.

drc

> I agree with you, but again it could have been a minor
> printing error or some dufus grabbing the wrong item
> so I'd give them the chance to verify they have the
> correct one in stock and do a trade.

Yeah, I'm patiently waiting for a reply. Hopefully they do the right thing
and don't try to stick it to me.

> And congrats on a great movie selection, that one's
> always good for endless chuckles.

Good pickup for $10 I thought. Only first saw it a couple years ago on
cable and laughed my ass off.

napalm68

Yeah, I love that film. I just love that "Evil Hosting ****-Stick" quote.
And Jessica Alba...

"Shinner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fe0e8b3$0$29107$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Darrel Christenson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>
> > I agree with you, but again it could have been a minor
> > printing error or some dufus grabbing the wrong item
> > so I'd give them the chance to verify they have the
> > correct one in stock and do a trade.

> Yeah, I'm patiently waiting for a reply. Hopefully they do the right thing
> and don't try to stick it to me.
>

> > And congrats on a great movie selection, that one's
> > always good for endless chuckles.

> Good pickup for $10 I thought. Only first saw it a couple years ago on
> cable and laughed my ass off.

Black Locust

In article <3fe0e8b3$0$29107$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Shinner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Good pickup for $10 I thought. Only first saw it a couple years ago on
> cable and laughed my ass off.

Jessica Alba in her panties at the end is more than worth $10 if you ask
me.
--
BL

Jay Stewart

"Black Locust" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <3fe0e8b3$0$29107$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Shinner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Good pickup for $10 I thought. Only first saw it a couple years ago on
> > cable and laughed my ass off.

> Jessica Alba in her panties at the end is more than worth $10 if you ask
> me.
> --
> BL

I wanted to launch my goo when I saw that.

Wade365

<< Jessica Alba in her panties at the end is more than worth $10 if you ask
> me. >>

I KNEW there was a reason I had fond memories of seeing that film, though until
it was stated above I couldn't for the life of me remember why... pretty dark
comedy.

First hands-on benchmarks of notebook using GeForce 7800 Go Silverstrand Front Page News 5 09-29-2005 01:39 PM
Idle Hands DVD? widescreen or full frame? Mkebeliev DVD Video 2 07-18-2004 04:22 PM
MozBackup in the hands of a newbie Colonel Blip Firefox 1 07-14-2004 01:19 AM
Idle Hands Steve K. DVD Video 11 02-03-2004 02:26 AM
Clueless at Columbia House <<Idle Hands>> Shinner DVD Video 10 01-05-2004 01:28 PM

Advertisments