Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Return Of The King EE almost 5 hours!

Return Of The King EE almost 5 hours!

Keld Landin-Petersen

According to this article:
http://politiken.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=298542 Peter Jackson has
said in an interview that Return Of The King EE will be MORE THAN 4
HOURS AND 50 MINUTES LONG!!!

Digital Bits are referrin to this article and stating 4 hours 15, but
the article actually says 4 hours 50.

If this is true, I am VERY impressed. Let us just hope that it will be
as great as the first movies. Five hours is a LOOOOONG time!

Keld Landin-Petersen.

Jay Stewart

"Keld Landin-Petersen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> According to this article:
> http://politiken.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=298542 Peter Jackson has
> said in an interview that Return Of The King EE will be MORE THAN 4
> HOURS AND 50 MINUTES LONG!!!
>
> Digital Bits are referrin to this article and stating 4 hours 15, but
> the article actually says 4 hours 50.
>
> If this is true, I am VERY impressed. Let us just hope that it will be
> as great as the first movies. Five hours is a LOOOOONG time!
>
> Keld Landin-Petersen.

Is part of that figure the ridiculously long credit roll that has been at
the end of the previous extended additions?

Darrel Christenson

Jay Stewart wrote:

> Is part of that figure the ridiculously long credit roll that has been at
> the end of the previous extended additions?

Not to mention the subtractions.

drc

Justin

Darrel Christenson wrote on [Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:55:36 GMT]:
> Jay Stewart wrote:
>
>> Is part of that figure the ridiculously long credit roll that has been at
>> the end of the previous extended additions?

> Not to mention the subtractions.

5 hours is one long division

Me Again

On 15 Dec 2003 17:46:52 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Keld
Landin-Petersen) wrote:

>According to this article:
>http://politiken.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=298542 Peter Jackson has
>said in an interview that Return Of The King EE will be MORE THAN 4
>HOURS AND 50 MINUTES LONG!!!

In another article
(http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html)
Peter mentions "We cut about an hour and 5 minutes" to make a
theatrical release. At 3:20 that would mean they originally had a
movie that was 4:25. The credits for TTT EE were over 10 minutes long
and that the credits for ROTK will undoubtedly be longer, so yeah it's
approaching the 4:45 mark.

Mark W

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
> Darrel Christenson wrote on [Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:55:36 GMT]:
> > Jay Stewart wrote:
> >
> >> Is part of that figure the ridiculously long credit roll that has been

at
> >> the end of the previous extended additions?

> > Not to mention the subtractions.
> >

> 5 hours is one long division

Hey man, like, go forth and multiply!

Justin

Mark W wrote on [Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:12:06 -0000]:

> "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
>> Darrel Christenson wrote on [Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:55:36 GMT]:

> at
>> >
>> > Not to mention the subtractions.
>> >

>> 5 hours is one long division

> Hey man, like, go forth and multiply!

Now that's fractionally amusing

Jay Stewart

"Darrel Christenson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Jay Stewart wrote:
>
> > Is part of that figure the ridiculously long credit roll that has been

at
> > the end of the previous extended additions?

> Not to mention the subtractions.
>

> drc

Ooops. That's a sine of my sloppiness.

Justin

Jay Stewart wrote on [Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:00:06 GMT]:

> "Darrel Christenson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Jay Stewart wrote:
>>
>> > Is part of that figure the ridiculously long credit roll that has been

> at
>> > the end of the previous extended additions?

>> Not to mention the subtractions.
>>

>> drc
>>

> Ooops. That's a sine of my sloppiness.

a prime example?

Mark W

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...
> Mark W wrote on [Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:12:06 -0000]:
> >
> > "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)2go.com...

been
> > at

> >> 5 hours is one long division