Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Firefly question

Firefly question

Scott Streeter

I watch the show on and off when it was on. It was starting to get
intresting with the men with blue hands, etc. and then I lost track
and it was gone. Does the DVD set have a resolution at the end or are
you left hanging with no answers ?

--
Scott Streeter
http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

Richard G Amirault

Scott Streeter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: I watch the show on and off when it was on. It was starting to get
: intresting with the men with blue hands, etc. and then I lost track
: and it was gone. Does the DVD set have a resolution at the end or are
: you left hanging with no answers ?

The show was "cancelled" (officialy "hiatiaus" .. then cancelled) before
all the episodes that were filmed were shown on TV. The 3 un-aired
episodes are in the DVD set.

I haven't seen the DVD *yet* but I'm sure things weren't wrapped up at the
end .. no-one wanted the show to end at that point. Everyone, except the
network, wanted the show to continue.

There is hope that there will be maybe a feature movie at some point.

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

Aaron Brezenski

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Scott Streeter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I watch the show on and off when it was on. It was starting to get
>intresting with the men with blue hands, etc. and then I lost track
>and it was gone. Does the DVD set have a resolution at the end or are
>you left hanging with no answers ?

Three never-aired (in the US) episodes, but no answers.

Still a great set, though.

--
Aaron Brezenski
Not speaking for my employer in any way.

jayembee

Scott Streeter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I watch the show on and off when it was on. It was starting
> to get intresting with the men with blue hands, etc. and
> then I lost track and it was gone.

Ah. Now we know who to blame.

> Does the DVD set have a resolution at the end or are you
> left hanging with no answers ?

There's no resolution. Among other reasons, all of the extant
episodes were shot before FOX made its final cancellation
decision, so there was no way *for* Whedon &co. to fit in
any sort of resolution.

Buy the set anyway.

-- jayembee

Jeeters

"jayembee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Scott Streeter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I watch the show on and off when it was on. It was starting
> > to get intresting with the men with blue hands, etc. and
> > then I lost track and it was gone.

> Ah. Now we know who to blame.
>
> > Does the DVD set have a resolution at the end or are you
> > left hanging with no answers ?

> There's no resolution. Among other reasons, all of the extant
> episodes were shot before FOX made its final cancellation
> decision, so there was no way *for* Whedon &co. to fit in
> any sort of resolution.

Perhaps the Firefly movie that Whedon is working on will have some answers.