Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > O.T. Battlestar Galactica

O.T. Battlestar Galactica

Chris4V

Anyone else like this TV movie? Better then I thought it would be.

this would be a good DVD release.

Hope they make it a series after all.

Hitman of Las Vegas

On 11 Dec 2003 15:28:05 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ospam (Chris4V) wrote:

>Anyone else like this TV movie? Better then I thought it would be.

I had problems with it but it was MUCH better than expected and I
liked it.

>this would be a good DVD release.

No doubt. I expect they will release it.

>Hope they make it a series after all.

Well, initial ratings were good - so figure at least another
miniseries, or a series, will happen:

Sci Fi, on the other hand, is ecstatic over the performance of
"Battlestar Galactica." Its average audience is the third-best in the
channel's history, trailing earlier miniseries "Taken" and "Dune."
After drawing just under 3.9 million people for Monday's premiere,
"Galactica" averaged 4.46 million viewers Tuesday.

Tuesday's installment was the most-watched show on cable for the night
and also beat broadcast networks UPN and The WB in total viewers. It
was Sci Fi's best night of the year in total viewers and all key

Chris4V

wow

great news

Writer R5

I want to see a series too.

Mark
GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
http://www.genreonline.net
Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
(E-Mail Removed)

Eric R.

(E-Mail Removed)ospam (Chris4V) wrote in message

> Anyone else like this TV movie? Better then I thought it would be.
>
> this would be a good DVD release.
>

> Hope they make it a series after all.

I loved it! Better than the original, if you ask me (and I was a fan
of the original). And yeah, I can't wait for the series and the DVD.

-Eric

Wade365

Please oh please don't make this a series!!! Keep it as mini-series events
instead of trying to grunt out 24 eps, PLEASE. Make all the mini-series you
want on the subject just PLEASE don't turn it into a hastily squatted pile
after what has been laid out with the first story.

Mark Spatny

Chris4V,(E-Mail Removed) says...

I thought it was great. I will buy the DVD's the day they come out, if
released.

And yes, I'd love to see it as a series. Although I was a fan of the
original, I thought the new mini series far suprpassed it in almost
every respect.

And as long as this is off topic, I'd like to pose the following
question: Why did so many fans complain about the changes made to
Starbuck, but not the changes made to Boomer? And I'm not just talking
about the race/sex change with Boomer, but that other thing too.

As far as I can tell, there are only three possible reasons:

1) Starbuck was a lead, Boomer supporting.
2) Starbuck was a "man's man", and therefore it was more annoying to see
a character with that name portrayed by a woman.
3) Its a race thing and people didn't care what happened to the black
guy. I HOPE it's not this reason, but I have to wonder about it.

See, the thing about it is, I find the change to Boomer MORE dramatic
and outrageous than the change to Starbuck, for the reasons revealed in
the last scene. That's WAY more of rewrite of the original characters
than what they did to Starbuck. So why all the anger over Starbuck?

Discuss!

Michael Walker

"Chris4V" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone else like this TV movie? Better then I thought it would be.
>
> this would be a good DVD release.
>

> Hope they make it a series after all.

Go to Amazon and enter an email address for this DVD.

Chris4V

The only thing I didnt like was the sudden zooming in and out for no reason
during the certain scenes. annoying.

Rich Clark

"Chris4V" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The only thing I didnt like was the sudden zooming in and out for no

reason
> during the certain scenes. annoying.

That was exactly what I loved about the filmmaking technique. Gave the
action sequences a documentary feel, and did a lot to hide the seams between
CG and live action.

RichC