Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Alien Quad vs. Alien Legacy?

Alien Quad vs. Alien Legacy?

Brian

And the scene where Johnner bends over backwards to shoot his guns..it was
way too dramatic..I mean, were we supposed to clap or something?

"Douglas Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1v5euikoysu3o$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Black Locust wrote:
> > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> I kind of liked the newborn and all but the dialogue in AR is

horrendous.

> > Wow. Someone calling Joss Whedon's dialogue "horrendous." Now I've seen
> > it all.

> Make that *two* someones: I thought the _A:R_ dialogue was trying hard to
> be hip and quotable, but came off as ineffectual instead.
>
> Actually, make that *three* someones: Mike D'Angelo's review of _A:R_ at
> <http://www.panix.com/~dangelo/col24.html#alie.html> says...
>
> "It should work, but it doesn't. In part, that's because Whedon...can't
> write 'straight' dialogue worth a damn....[it] sounds as if it's been
> culled from one of those unintentionally hilarious 1950's short subjects
> that instructed teenagers about proper dating behavior. ('Hi, Sally. Say,
> is that repulsive extraterrestrial lifeform still gestating in your womb?'
> 'Why, Tommy, don't be silly. The womb is for human babies. The alien's
> right here next to my sternum.') Before long, I was rooting for the

aliens,
> if only in the hope that they'd shut up the humans up."
>
> I'm in 100% agreement.
>
> doug
>
> --
>
> ---------------Douglas Bailey ((E-Mail Removed))---------------
> It's all in the art of stopping...
> --Wire

Quad Drive Explorer Quad Drive Explorer (View 5 Drives at the same time).. scott93727@gmail.com Computer Information 0 09-25-2012 03:14 AM
Alien quad or Alien legacy Dragon DVD Video 6 09-16-2004 04:46 PM
ALIEN QUAD R2: Color more muted than R1? alex crouvier DVD Video 0 02-09-2004 04:52 PM
Alien Quad Vs 4 Dvds Dragon DVD Video 5 12-12-2003 09:29 PM
Alien Quad movies available individually Evil DVD Video 3 11-04-2003 08:11 PM

Advertisments