Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Alien Quad vs. Alien Legacy?

Alien Quad vs. Alien Legacy?

Jordan Lund

I have the original boxed set (yes, with the mail order 5th disc) so
is there any point to buying the new set?

- Jordan

Hitman of Las Vegas

On 9 Dec 2003 16:38:36 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jordan Lund) wrote:

>I have the original boxed set (yes, with the mail order 5th disc) so
>is there any point to buying the new set?

Sure. Different cuts of some of the films, I think, and many more
extras.

I am just a casual fan of the series so I'll stick with Legacy.

Jay Stewart

"Hitman of Las Vegas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> On 9 Dec 2003 16:38:36 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Jordan Lund) wrote:
>
> >I have the original boxed set (yes, with the mail order 5th disc) so
> >is there any point to buying the new set?

> Sure. Different cuts of some of the films, I think, and many more
> extras.
>
> I am just a casual fan of the series so I'll stick with Legacy.

I'm curious about the new cut for Alien 3. I will probably pick that one up
when they release the 2-disc versions from the Quad separately.

Wade365

When the set is released separately, I'll get the first two films... of those
two I'm only really super-excited about the first film to tell the truth.

I have never seen "Alien 3" and I doubt I ever will... C'moooooon January! I
can't justify another nine disc set this close to Xmas!!!

: )

Larry Gold

yes
loads

--
Larry.gold
Arsenal For Life

"Jordan Lund" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have the original boxed set (yes, with the mail order 5th disc) so
> is there any point to buying the new set?
>
> - Jordan

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) (Wade365) wrote:

> I have never seen "Alien 3" and I doubt I ever will... C'moooooon January! I
> can't justify another nine disc set this close to Xmas!!!

Why not? While it's my least favorite of the series, it still has it's
merits. The new "Assembly Cut" of it is a big improvement from my
perspective. There's quite a bit more character development and it's an
overall better example of the movie David Fincher made. I'm not saying
to go buy the Special Edition of it when it's released next month, but
at least go rent it so you can just see it once.

Just out of curiosity, have you seen Alien Resurrection?

--
BL

DRO

Jordan Lund wrote:

> I have the original boxed set (yes, with the mail order 5th disc) so
> is there any point to buying the new set?

The four documentary discs about each film are worth the price of the
whole set, in my opinion. They were some of the most honest, no holds
barred docs. I've ever seen. They put the warts and all in those docs,
and I give Fox a big thumbs up for
putting these things out, with some of the criticism they (Fox) take,
especially on the Alien 3 doc.

> - Jordan

Wade365

<< Just out of curiosity, have you seen Alien Resurrection? >>

To my eternal shame, yes.

By the time Ripley's child is mewling on the screen I wished I hadn't seen it
before I saw "Alien 3"... then I would have saved FOUR hours instead of just
two by now.

Heh.

Peter Briggs

Jay Stewart <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm curious about the new cut for Alien 3. I will probably pick that one up
> when they release the 2-disc versions from the Quad separately.

It's...interesting. I *think* it's an improvement, but it's difficult
to say.

MarkZimmerman

>Just out of curiosity, have you seen Alien Resurrection?
>
>> : )

>--
>BL

Just saw it on TV a few weeks ago. Still can't make up my mind if it's fairly
good or totally horible.

Best,

Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

Quad Drive Explorer Quad Drive Explorer (View 5 Drives at the same time).. scott93727@gmail.com Computer Information 0 09-25-2012 03:14 AM
Alien quad or Alien legacy Dragon DVD Video 6 09-16-2004 04:46 PM
ALIEN QUAD R2: Color more muted than R1? alex crouvier DVD Video 0 02-09-2004 04:52 PM
Alien Quad Vs 4 Dvds Dragon DVD Video 5 12-12-2003 09:29 PM
Alien Quad movies available individually Evil DVD Video 3 11-04-2003 08:11 PM

Advertisments