Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sigh! Blockbuster and "Bruce Almighty" !#!!%@ P&S only!!!!

Sigh! Blockbuster and "Bruce Almighty" !#!!%@ P&S only!!!!

Richard

Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
hundreds of P&S copies they had????
-Rich

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Richard) wrote:

> Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
> P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
> With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
> widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
> hundreds of P&S copies they had????
> -Rich

Huh? Nothing but widescreen copies of Bruce Alcrappy at the
Blockbuster's here.
--
BL

Codswallop

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 22:59:13 GMT, Richard wrote in alt.video.dvd:

> would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
> hundreds of P&S copies they had????

Maybe they sold all the widescreen copies?

--
- Cods

(E-Mail Removed)
(un ROT-13 to email)

madkevin

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
> P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
> With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
> widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
> hundreds of P&S copies they had????
> -Rich

At this point I'd like to mention that Rich lives in Toronto, a city of over two
million people which, one would imagine, probably has more than one video store.

Kevin "Mapblast" Cogliano

Alan Smithee

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
> P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
> With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
> widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
> hundreds of P&S copies they had????
> -Rich

Are you talking about rentalitems or items for sale?

If the later, maybe they sold out of the WS version... meaning people don't
want P&S.

If you're referring to rentals, it might depend on whether your store is a
franchised store or a corporate store... franchise stores (As far as I know)
can't order what they want, while corporate stores get what corporate gives
them (and in my area, this WAS widescreen).

Alan Smithee
(Address altered to prevent spamming)

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 19:06:53 -0500, "madkevin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
>> P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
>> With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
>> widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
>> hundreds of P&S copies they had????
>> -Rich

>At this point I'd like to mention that Rich lives in Toronto, a city of over two
>million people which, one would imagine, probably has more than one video store.

Yeah, I live in Mississauga, a city adjacent to Toronto, and I must
say that Blockbuster (and Rogers) is the WORST place to buy DVD's.
Future Shop and Amazon.ca or DVDsoon.com are MUCH better and cheaper
Canadian outlets. As for buying used rental DVD's I find the best
place is a local Mom and Pop rental outlet, always Widescreen if
available.

. Steve ...

>Kevin "Mapblast" Cogliano

Klaus

Yep my Blockbuster is corporate and gets what corporate sends them. On
several releases I have mentioned to the manager that there are no
Widescreen and he told me they didn't send him any. He said one of the
main studios will only send full screen maybe its WB. I no longer to to
Blockbuster because of this.

news:6AvBb.4627$(E-Mail Removed) m...

"madkevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
> > P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
> > With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
> > widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
> > hundreds of P&S copies they had????
> > -Rich

> At this point I'd like to mention that Rich lives in Toronto, a city of over two
> million people which, one would imagine, probably has more than one video store.
>
> Kevin "Mapblast" Cogliano

Sure, I can find other video stores further away, but why should I
HAVE to? Instead of acting like each Blockbuster is a franchise (which
they are not) why not some uniformity in what they offer?
-Rich

madkevin

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "madkevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > > Are we going back to laserdiscdom? All comedies released in @@#@!!
> > > P&S only? That's all that was available at two Blockbusters near me.
> > > With AMPLE evidence over the past six years that people overall PREFER
> > > widescreen, would it have KILLED them to stock a handful along with the
> > > hundreds of P&S copies they had????
> > > -Rich

> > At this point I'd like to mention that Rich lives in Toronto, a city of over

two
> > million people which, one would imagine, probably has more than one video

store.

> > Kevin "Mapblast" Cogliano

> Sure, I can find other video stores further away, but why should I
> HAVE to? Instead of acting like each Blockbuster is a franchise (which
> they are not) why not some uniformity in what they offer?
> -Rich

For that matter, why should you have to even go to the video store in the first
place? Why doesn't Blockbuster simply set up some sort of advanced mind-reading
satellite so that the very second you personally feel like watching a movie, the
disc is teleported directly into your DVD player? Of course, you'll still have
to actually press the "play" button - see, those Blockbuster ****s always find a
way to screw you.

The fact is, Rich, the only thing preventing you from renting a perfectly
acceptable widescreen copy of whatever piece of **** you feel like watching this
moment is your own laziness. Of course, if you actually did that, then you
couldn't waste even more of your apparently empty life by pointlessly
complaining about it on Usenet.

Kevin "Duh" Cogliano