Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Alien Quadrilogy - What version is Alien3? The Orginal or a Extended Edition?

Alien Quadrilogy - What version is Alien3? The Orginal or a Extended Edition?

Peter Briggs

ZC TGS <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm in the UK and have already bought the set.
>
> Hate it when things like this happens between regions. I want the
> higher resolution that PAL gives and also the full package as well.
> Yet once again it's not possible.Looks like I may have to get the
> Region 1 DVD set at some point in the future as well if possible.

Don't sweat it. The deleted footage marker is nigh-on useless. Look at
the instance where Kane pulls his gun in the Derelict egg silo...the
marker should come up, and it doesn't. You're not missing much.

Mike Jackson

> > I've not had a chance to watch the set yet, but for those who have,
> > can anyone let me know how much of footage of actor Paul McGann as
> > been put back in? Thanks.

> A hell of a lot. Quite a few revised scenes. He rants and raves all
> over the place!

And it's the coolest part of the Assembly Cut. Such a shame that they axed
so much of the Golic character.

Mike Jackson
Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com