Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Playstation 2 / Multi region / Hero

Playstation 2 / Multi region / Hero

Sarah Blackman

Hi all,

I have a problem. I'm trying to play the DVD 'Hero' (Martial arts film) in
my Playstation 2. It's a region 3 dvd so I bought a datel multi-region
dvd/cart pack.

When I try and play the film, everythin seems fine, (goodpicture etc..)
except that the picture is in pin sharp black and white. Why is this and
how do i fix it?

(BTW- i know it should be in colour, I've seen it before)

Thanks in advance for any help

Wade365

<< I have a problem. I'm trying to play the DVD 'Hero' (Martial arts film) in
my Playstation 2. It's a region 3 dvd so I bought a datel multi-region
dvd/cart pack. >>

Try a piece of software called "Action Replay" instead... it will convert any
NTSC-encoded region for the PS2... mine works perfectly for R3 DVDs.

Marc Wittenbrink

Sarah Blackman wrote:

> I have a problem. I'm trying to play the DVD 'Hero' (Martial arts film) in
> my Playstation 2. It's a region 3 dvd so I bought a datel multi-region
> dvd/cart pack.
>
> When I try and play the film, everythin seems fine, (goodpicture etc..)
> except that the picture is in pin sharp black and white. Why is this and
> how do i fix it?
>
> (BTW- i know it should be in colour, I've seen it before)

Hmm...not sure, but maybe you need an RGB-Cable for colour-playback of a
region 3 dvd, cause the dvd is in NTSC-format (not PAL, which is the
european-standart). I need such a cable for playing import games on my
psone, without that it's only b/w.

BTW: nice movie.

regards,
Marc